Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #31
wanderlai
The Tick

The prices are high geez. I don't think I've seen anything set in stone yet but those are the prices Im seeing mentioned. What about shipping costs? Is that extra to those prices?

$1K for the Conan dio
$650 for Angel of Darkness.
$600 for Ares
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #32
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
The prices are high geez. I don't think I've seen anything set in stone yet but those are the prices Im seeing mentioned. What about shipping costs? Is that extra to those prices?

$1K for the Conan dio
$650 for Angel of Darkness.
$600 for Ares
I'd rather go through sideshow. 1-Lower shipping,2- better flex payments 3----- loads of points=free statue faster.4-better service.

But i think they are waiting for negotiations from sideshow before setting prices.I though they already knew the prices but they are just going day by day they are lost.They are going to price themselves out of sales.As SSC did with the Conan PF ,they can't move 150 units since july.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #33
Atheris
The Maxx

I was going to order all of these, but I agree theirs more incentive for them to sell through SS for these pieces. 2k+ worth of PO's is almost $120 in SS points, plus SS's advantage of having much better shipping rates. These will be a tough sell if they try selling direct.

We'll see where it go's, but the minotaur is a must order for me ether way.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #34
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Mars the Roman god of War and Ares the Greek god of war shouldn't have anything to do with each other.

Base looks great but i think his head with the helmet on looks way too big.....and at $600, well its an easy one to pass.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #35
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah well the high price tags that ARh is chargeing is due to digital printing costs.
just look at the size of that base? that along is the same amount it would cost to print the figure.
probably more due to its highly detailed surface area and complex design with all the dead bodies it has on it. .

if you think about it, it 2 SS Pf all in one. is it worth the price tag? its it is to right person.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #36
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I don't know man. The Athena base was pretty detailed, I would say similar with the chariot and décor and it was $365. I wasn't expecting that but not $600 either. I REALLY want it but I'm not sure I can justify $600 for it
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #37
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The way they price stuff they will only be a company selling 20 pieces only everytime.Conan he expected to sell 500 but at 1000$ he will get less than 30
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #38
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
So i guess by the time Poseidon and hades come out they will 800$????????
You're absolutely right..The overpricing is already killing this industry..SS can't even sell 250 Conan Fury of the Beast and 150 Conan Rage of the Undying (both around 500$)...Don't know how ARH expects to sell 500 copies of the Conan Dio for 1K + shipping each !?
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #39
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
You're absolutely right..The overpricing is already killing this industry..SS can't even sell 250 Conan Fury of the Beast and 150 Conan Rage of the Undying (both around 500$)...Don't know how ARH expects to sell 500 copies of the Conan Dio for 1K !?
I can't see them selling 500 copies for 1K each....and shipping is not included.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #40
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I commented on that on the other forum after these pics were posted and I feel a lot better about it but it looks like this paint was rushed probably due to time shortage. Eye pupils aren't painted and red runs over the edge of the shield etc. I would expect the official prototype paint up to be a little better.
There will be no pupils in the eyes and that's not run over paint it's blood. To answer your question about a non blood soaked version...negative. This is what is going into production. Here are some pics from the con.

wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote