Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #501
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

You get a lot of new reward points for every statue you buy with these prices, so you can spend them soon on even more expensive ones down the road. And as a bonus for that you will get even more points ^^
And all of them will look like good deals, win-win for collectors and Sideshow lol
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:47 PM   #502
FJC
Midnighter

For me personally, rewards points play no part on whether or not I buy a piece. I look at what I'm getting for what sideshow is asking (retail price). If I feel that a piece is overpriced, I just end up passing on it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #503
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm not a big DC guy aside from Bats and Supes but I like Prime !'s Freeze better. That statue is amazing. But it is expensive so I don't blame anyone for getting the SS version. It looks cool also.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #504
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
he looks a bit too cartoony
I must agree ......not my style. In my opinion needs a little more realism .
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:01 AM   #505
Araxel
Fantastic Four

I would have liked Mr. Freeze in 1/4 scale, but there are a few reasons it might not happen:

1. The price is ridiculous, 700$ for a pretty small PF.

2. The details are rather mediocre, did Mr. Freeze whip out his signature Katana and cut off some of Batman's cape?
Why is Nora not on a pedestal?
Another Captain Morgan pose? REALLY???
And I'm not 100% sure if I like the cartoonish look.

3. There are other options. Sideshow is getting closer to Prime 1 and XM prices and I actually don't think that this will end well for them.
Maybe it works if they lower ES further.

Maybe I'll pick up a Freeze with a big discount, time will tell, but at THIS price point I'm not buying PFs anymore.
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:20 AM   #506
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Well I purchased mine with rewards and this Mr Freeze is awesome . Nobody is doing another one in this scale and I hated Prime 1s so....

I also don’t buy many 1/4s I waited for this one. Price is not going down ever again so people need to get over it . The old days are long gone
Have to disagree with you here. prices are going down every day in the aftermarket. I purchased the mags and iron man exclusives for $1800cad "all in". Would have cost me $2450cad if I ordered direct from SS. Patience will get you everywhere.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:41 AM   #507
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
Have to disagree with you here. prices are going down every day in the aftermarket. I purchased the mags and iron man exclusives for $1800cad "all in". Would have cost me $2450cad if I ordered direct from SS. Patience will get you everywhere.

Yes, at this price tag statues often lose value, the rather high ES doesn't help either.
Some extremely popular pieces (Thanos on Throne) that appeal to comicbook and movie fans are exceptions.

I'm not collecting for value, but it still feels bad, when a piece I paid 1000€ for goes for 500-700€ in the aftermarket.

XM Studios rarely drop, because they are made to order with ES of less than a thousand.
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:15 AM   #508
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxel View Post
I would have liked Mr. Freeze in 1/4 scale, but there are a few reasons it might not happen:

1. The price is ridiculous, 700$ for a pretty small PF.

2. The details are rather mediocre, did Mr. Freeze whip out his signature Katana and cut off some of Batman's cape?
Why is Nora not on a pedestal?
Another Captain Morgan pose? REALLY???
And I'm not 100% sure if I like the cartoonish look.

3. There are other options. Sideshow is getting closer to Prime 1 and XM prices and I actually don't think that this will end well for them.
Maybe it works if they lower ES further.

Maybe I'll pick up a Freeze with a big discount, time will tell, but at THIS price point I'm not buying PFs anymore.
Exactly. Theyre still using the same amount of polystone theyve been using over the last decade for these standard sized pf's. This statue would be $350, 5 years ago. And I still think some of these statues like Freeze, shouldnt even cross the $350 mark with the amount of material they use, regardless of the detail they put into it. With the price they want to charge, they should be adding an extra headsculpt and switchout arms, either switching his firearm to his other arm and having him hold Nora.

Im out buying anything new from Sideshow at these price points.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #509
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
Good keep buying there. None of the rare pieces come down in price anyways I don’t feel like collecting statues into my 50s. I had a list of what I wanted I’m almost there and I’m gone . Don’t care to wait years until new style comes out or after market where prices are not that big a steal. I watch all same things you do my friend
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:35 PM   #510
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I don’t feel like collecting statues into my 50s.
Lol. That’s when I started.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote