Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #51
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I hear Idris Elba is going to be the next Bond.
You never know with the film industry, but Elba has said "no" publicly as recently as August. He'd like to
do the character, but of course too many people would have a cow.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #52
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

But it seems for the movie that's not the case.. so now Supergirl would of been around 20+ some years on earth before Kal-El becomes Superman.. Even though that's never mentioned in any of the DC movies...

Seems like WB/DC is just rushing the movie out and could careless about the story making any sense..
so they're pretty much ripping off Captain Marvel word for word with this ultra strong lady hero that's been around for decades but nobody had previously heard of or mentioned?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #53
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
you mean jon stewart? if so, i dont think hes straight laced enough. his voice always comes off as very casual, steward always seems wound up pretty tight
Yes, that is who I meant. FML I am losing my mind. I can't keep anything straight anymore

I need my wedding planning to be DONE already. I need this honeymoon/vacation badly. Today, I sent two emails to the wrong people at work. Thank GOD they weren't confidential in nature.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #54
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Today, I sent two emails to the wrong people at work. Thank GOD they weren't confidential in nature.
You forgot about that third e-mail...
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #55
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Roger Moore actually suggested Cuba Gooding Jr for 007.
What Moore said when asked about Elba getting the role...

"A few years ago, I said that Cuba Gooding Jr. would make an excellent Bond, but it was a joke! Although James may have been played by a Scot, a Welshman, and an Irishman, I think he should be ‘English-English’… it’s an interesting idea, but unrealistic."
He got called out on the "English-English" remark (Elba was born in London) but he maintains it was taken out of context.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #56
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
What Moore said when asked about Elba getting the role...

"A few years ago, I said that Cuba Gooding Jr. would make an excellent Bond, but it was a joke! Although James may have been played by a Scot, a Welshman, and an Irishman, I think he should be ‘English-English’… it’s an interesting idea, but unrealistic."
He got called out on the "English-English" remark (Elba was born in London) but he maintains it was taken out of context.
Well, Pierce Brosnan is Irish. Oops.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #57
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think Idris would be amazing. He is attractive, physically fit, and charming.

If we can suspend belief that Bond never ages as he has been played by 7 middle-aged white men, it's easy enough to transition that Bond is a black man.

Also, I believe until SKYFALL, it could have been surmised that "James Bond/007" was only an agency spy name. Not the mens' given name. Then SKYFALL showed tombstones that had the names "Bond" on them. So just retcon that and it's back to how Elba could easily be the next, and a damn good, James Bond.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #58
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think Idris would be amazing. He is attractive, physically fit, and charming.

If we can suspend belief that Bond never ages as he has been played by 7 middle-aged white men, it's easy enough to transition that Bond is a black man.

Also, I believe until SKYFALL, it could have been surmised that "James Bond/007" was only an agency spy name. Not the mens' given name. Then SKYFALL showed tombstones that had the names "Bond" on them. So just retcon that and it's back to how Elba could easily be the next, and a damn good, James Bond.
I've always thought of each actor as a reboot, and yeah, I've always considered "James Bond" to be a pseudonym with the exception of the Daniel Craig run. "James Bond" doesn't have to be white.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #59
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Of course ppl who didn't grow up with such characters for decades would feel it's ok to change them. That's the problem with today's SJWs, no sense or respect of tradition.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #60
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Of course ppl who didn't grow up with such characters for decades would feel it's ok to change them. That's the problem with today's SJWs, no sense or respect of tradition.
Amen to that.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote