Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM   #11
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Likeness. It's all down to likeness. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:41 PM   #12
ukshaun
Hercules

I wonder.. JND being JND.. will they attempt to make an outfit that is just that, with actual stitches?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:42 PM   #13
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Hope she doesn't look all gross and emaciated like their Anne Hathaway Catwoman.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:09 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Hope she doesn't look all gross and emaciated like their Anne Hathaway Catwoman.
Said another who hasn't seen her in person...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:20 PM   #15
SDguy

Hathaway CW didn't turn out well, let's just be honest. Their new Gadot WW is fantastic though, so hopefully that means this will be part of that better trend.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:49 PM   #16
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Hathaway CW didn't turn out well, let's just be honest. Their new Gadot WW is fantastic though, so hopefully that means this will be part of that better trend.
After finally receiving my very own JND piece. That being that exact Gadot WW; I’m now going to consider any statements with regards to JND pieces, with at least a grain of salt. You can read my extensive laundry list of mostly minor issues I critiqued on mine, but yes even so, I’ll still be keeping mine.

They certainly make great pieces (maybe the best), but they’re maybe not as perfect as some make them out to be.

Oh, and with their Wonder Woman, she pretty much looks exactly like it does in photos and videos. Sure, in hand the paint details are maybe more apparent, but how the piece looks overall doesn’t deviate by any noticeable margin. Because I have continually read and heard, that these pieces can look completely different in hand. After having so many silicone pieces from other manufacturers, like Queen and Infinity, I never quite understood how that could be the case.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 04:00 PM   #17
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
After finally receiving my very own JND piece. That being that exact Gadot WW; I?m now going to consider any statements with regards to JND pieces, with at least a grain of salt. You can read my extensive laundry list of mostly minor issues I critiqued on mine, but even so, I?ll be keeping mine.

They certainly make great pieces (maybe the best), but they?re maybe not as perfect as some make them out to be.

Oh, and with their Wonder Woman, she pretty much looks exactly like it does in photos and videos. Sure, in hand the paint details are maybe more apparent, but how the piece looks overall doesn?t deviate by any noticeable margin. Because I continually read and heard, that these pieces can look completely different in hand. After having so many silicone pieces from other manufacturers, like Queen and Infinity, I never quite understood how that could be the case.
yeah, sorry about your issues, that sucks. I was talking about design/sculpt, not QC, and yeah, like you point out, eventually you get to the point that everyone can't be taking bad pics of Hathaway's face but somehow everyone getting WW is Herb Ritts.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:05 PM   #18
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
yeah, sorry about your issues, that sucks. I was talking about design/sculpt, not QC, and yeah, like you point out, eventually you get to the point that everyone can't be taking bad pics of Hathaway's face but somehow everyone getting WW is Herb Ritts.
I had to actually google to understand your reference.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 04:06 PM   #19
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I had to actually google to understand your reference.
LOL, I totally dated myself
Old 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM   #20
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
That isn't honest though, it isn't perfect, but far from what is described by those that have never actually seen one. Some pics do look really bad, but I wouldn't keep it if it looked anything like those.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote