Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #391
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

So heres mine 49/260.

I fixed his eyes as one was looking down and one was looking up. I'm gonna have to add some colour to his belt, just some little details needed to make him pop ( which are there on the proto/promo shots )

I don't think it's as bad out of the box by any means i just think it could have been better.

What i do like is everything from the torso up, the sculpt and skin texture on his torso and face is just amazing, the face is just awesome, really can't wait to see what you guys with the kits do with him.

The big Axe is really nicely done too, its a big thick wodge of metal, nicely textured and painted. Also the shield, really nicely done, nice finish....again might touch this up with some gold on the lions face just to give a bit more colour.

Base is done well, nice littering of weapons and armour. I actually wouldn't have minded the base to be a little larger though, as the statue is so large, a larger base would have been better imo. I am in the minority though as i do like fussy and cluttered bases

My biggest problem is his right leg, they added scarring to it but it just lacks all the texture from the torso, it's like it was sculpted last minute by someone else....

The flesh tones again on the upper half of him look fine to me, again it's that left leg that looks the worse. It has almost grey highlights and with no texture to it as i said....it comes off a little plasticy.

Overall it's a great Conan statue but it'll always niggle me that this could have been one of best. Not everyone can paint and not a lot of people want to paint a $300 statue nor should they have to, so i imagine some people will be disappointed.

Anyway some pics.

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #392
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

One with DeathDealer who now looks tiny lol. I do prefer the skin tone on Conan over DD....

Old 10-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #393
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

I've done some minor touches up, just wanted to add some details to his belt and shield really, nothing major just some gold, silver and copper metallic paints.

Very happy with him now, although i must say i think all these details should have been there in the first place, it literally took me 20 mins with a few quids worth of paints.

What i actually did was - Silver on the "notches" on the belt, loin cloth, helm, top of glove and Belt Buckle. Gold added to Shield notches, lions face on shield, emblem on helm, outer rim of orb on belt, notches on axe and sword sheathe. Copper added to sides of the helm and main orb on belt.

Just enough to make him pop imo. Didn't add any blood as i thought i'd have a clean Conan

Compare pic.

More Pics.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #394
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

looks good man. i like it.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #395
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Thanks man really happy with him now!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #396
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I've done some minor touches up, just wanted to add some details to his belt and shield really, nothing major just some gold, silver and copper metallic paints.

Very happy with him now, although i must say i think all these details should have been there in the first place, it literally took me 20 mins with a few quids worth of paints.

What i actually did was - Silver on the "notches" on the belt, loin cloth, helm, top of glove and Belt Buckle. Gold added to Shield notches, lions face on shield, emblem on helm, outer rim of orb on belt, notches on axe and sword sheathe. Copper added to sides of the helm and main orb on belt.

Just enough to make him pop imo. Didn't add any blood as i thought i'd have a clean Conan

I did this same thing. I think the factory got a little aggressive with washes over these small details, it seems as if the paint had been applied underneath in some places and is nearly obscured completely.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #397
Dave Mac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

My kit has arrived and I am very dissapointed!

No pinholes to fill.

No seam lines to trim.

No alignment issues.

No obvious tricky painting hot-spots.

There is NOTHING to do with this masterpiece except paint it!

Truly well thought out and brilliantly sculpted piece of work by Mr Paquet

Hope I can do it justice in painting it up. Already got the finished look in mind

P.s Has anyone got plans for a base for this?
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #398
travis
A.I.M.

Lol I never beetched about those things lol. Come on boys show me those paint jobs on this most beautiful Conan sculpt!
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:31 PM   #399
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Really shocked more people haven't posted pics of this or the kit. Seems like loads of people ordered it and were hype for it but no one has said anything since it released
Old 10-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #400
travis
A.I.M.

Man I just love this statue. If I was a richer man I would buy 3 more just to paint up in a different colour scheme, blue, green and black. Man they are all in my head after painting him. Guys please post your kit paint job photos up. And DeadGhostKnight, why stop touching him up. You can still go a little further. I know you can do it well.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote