Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-03-2006, 01:23 AM   #91
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish
well the world cup is over for me.

I thought the same thing when the Aussies went out Ish but I'm supporting whomever the Italians are playing, I'm praying they got rolled in the dying second by a dubious penalty, that would be great karma!!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #92
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf

It's these kind of incidents that stop soccer from being embraced all over the globe, even though it's probably the number one sport in the world at the moment it could be even bigger if things like this were policed out of the game, that should be a red card and suspension. I know so many people that just laugh at the game because of the acting involved
Old 07-03-2006, 01:46 AM   #93
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helder
VIVE LA FRANCE , you guys deserve It , France dominate the whole game , and Brasil lets get real here , didn't nothing , and definitely I will be cheering for them because German has 3 championship already and France 1 , Go France Go
You should cheer for Portugal!! Felipão!!!! And they have no title. LOL!

But don't feel bad, man. We broke so many records this Cup. That alone would be plenty to most teams in the World to be happy. If we have won this one again, people would kill our players right there! We can't win them all, we have to give chance to other Countrys too! lol We Brasilians are too greedy when it comes to Soccer, we want to win them all!
And think like this: After this Cup, there WON'T be another team with 5 stars in their chest! And will be good now with most of our "old" players quitting to the next Cup. Some of these players shouldn't be here in the first place! They already won too much. Their "fire" it's already low, they don't have too much motivation anymore, since they already won everything a player can win, everything. What we needed in this Cup, was more young players playing full time!! Cause these young players REALLY want to win and show what they are capable of!! But they will be there in Africa 2010, and you can be SURE, they won't disapoint, atleast they will show HEART when they are playing, even if they loose!! Are you watching Brasilian soccer league? Man, there's SO many new BIG talents apearing!!

Speaking of the game, did you see where Roberto Carlos was at the momment Henry scored?? He was fixing his damn socks, when we was suposed to look after Henry!!!!! How freaking dumb is that?? That alone explains why we didn't deserve to win this time and this Cup. We were WAAAY too confident, and thought that we could finish the game anytime we wanted, and that didn't happen. Our team understimated the French(that played BEAUTIFULLY, btw, like soccer SHOULD be played! Something we always showed and believed. Yet we couldn't show it in this Cup, isn't it ironic??), and we paid for it. Did you see Ronaldo and Ronaldinho's interview after the game? They were laughing!! Like nothing happened!! Unfreakingbelivable...
Ronaldinho was to me, the BIGGEST disapointment of this Cup. The best player in the World, the big promisse!! and he didn't show/do SQUAT! If he only played 10% of what he plays in Barcelona...

Oh well, we win some, we loose some. And we have enough already. Soccer is a passion I have since I was a kid, and I will sit back now and enjoy the rest of this Cup, really wishing that the best team wins. I have to agree with other people, though, that this Cup was very weak "technically" speaking. Let's hope these final games brings us more action and quality.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #94
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
You should cheer for Portugal!! Felipão!!!! And they have no title. LOL!

But don't feel bad, man. We broke so many records this Cup. That alone would be plenty to most teams in the World to be happy. If we have won this one again, people would kill our players right there! We can't win them all, we have to give chance to other Countrys too! lol We Brasilians are too greedy when it comes to Soccer, we want to win them all!
And think like this: After this Cup, there WON'T be another team with 5 stars in their chest! And will be good now with most of our "old" players quitting to the next Cup. Some of these players shouldn't be here in the first place! They already won too much. Their "fire" it's already low, they don't have too much motivation anymore, since they already won everything a player can win, everything. What we needed in ths Cup, was more young players playing full time!! Cause these young players REALLY want to win and show what they are capable off!! But they will be there in Africa 2010, and you can be SURE, they won't dispaoint, atleast they will show HEART when they are playing, even if they loose!! Are you watching Brasilian soccer league? Man, there's SO many new BIG talents apearing!!

Speaking of the game, did you see where Roberto Carlos was at the momment Henry scored?? He was fixing his damn socks, when we was suposed to look after Henry!!!!! How freaking dumb is that?? That alone explains why we didn't deserve to win this time and this Cup. We were WAAAY too confident, and thought that we could finish the game anytime we wanted, and that didn't happen. Our team understimated the French(that played BEAUTIFULLY, btw, like soccer SHOULD be played! Something we always showed and believed. Yet we couldn't show it in this Cup, isn't it ironic??), and they paid for it. Did you see Ronaldo and Ronaldinho's interview after the game? They were laughing!! Like nothing happened!! Unfreakingbelivable...
Ronaldinho was to me, the BIGGEST disapointment of this Cup. The best player in the World, and he didn't show/do SQUAT! If he only played 10% of what he plays in Barcelona...

Oh well, we win some, we loose some. And we have enough already. Soccer is a passion I have since I was a kid, and I will sit back now and enjoy the rest of this Cup, really wishing that the best team wins. I have to agree with other people, though, that this Cup was very weak "technically" speaking. Let's hope these final games brings us more action and quality.
Could not agree more Cap, he gave nothing to Brazil
Old 07-03-2006, 01:56 AM   #95
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Could not agree more Cap, he gave nothing to Brazil
Nothing, nada, zero.
That's my big disapointment, Justin, cause we all know what he is capable of doing. This would be his Cup, and he blew it.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:55 AM   #96
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf
Yeah, Klinsman was a pain in the a$$ for Spurs, but he isn't part of the squad now is he?
He was also well known for it in the World Cups he played in for Germany. Just making the point that diving is part and parcel of the game on the continent and in South America. We, the home nations (Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales) are too honest for our own good. We should have coaches teaching our young players the art of diving.

Last edited by Bullseye; 07-03-2006 at 04:58 AM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:23 AM   #97
Portugueezer
Hellboy

Amigos Irmãos do Brasil!!!!
Espero que todos voces torçam por nós Portugas na Quarta!!
Precisamos de toda a ajuda possivel contra a grande equipa que é França!
Portugueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:05 AM   #98
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
I thought the same thing when the Aussies went out Ish but I'm supporting whomever the Italians are playing, I'm praying they got rolled in the dying second by a dubious penalty, that would be great karma!!
I think that´s going to leave a mark on you for the rest of your life! Come on, get over it, we got a nonexistent red card also and played one man down almost the entire second time.

Plus, like Bulls said once:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
...It is sad to see a team loose out like that but you can understand why the player went down in the box the way he did. I'm sure Viduka would have done the same thing as would most strikers. It is up to the referree to see through it and penalise the diver....
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #99
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by leks
What fiasco? you mean bad calls? .......
Yes, that sentence the games to a high nervous level and you won´t see a nice match at that point.
What about Korea getting the semis? Come on!!!
I´m not saying this is the best World Cup I´ve ever seen, it´s far from being that, but IMO it´s better than the last one.
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:30 AM   #100
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Nothing, nada, zero.
That's my big disapointment, Justin, cause we all know what he is capable of doing. This would be his Cup, and he blew it.

Mate he is a magician, he can do anything on the pitch but he was a non event for some reason, was he carrying an injury or anything like that?