Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #171
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
...What they want to achieve is creature not a guy in stunt suit. They add also small wrinkle to make it look also stun suit which is great.
That’s what I like the most about this version. It now has a great combination of a ‘real’ creature and the original suit qualities. For me that is exactly what I am looking for in my collection.
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #172
ukshaun
Hercules

The more i look, the more i prefer the pose with some movement.
I still can't work out if the piece is green or black with green lighting, as some photo's show a black piece and other photo's show a green piece.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #173
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The more i look, the more i prefer the pose with some movement.
I still wan't work out if the piece is green or black with green lighting, as some photo's show a black piece and other photo's show a green piece.
Is same color as museum version.
Green light is on it.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #174
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
The more I look, the more I think I prefer the museum pose version. I think I'd switch that decision if the head wasn't pointing downwards on the other one. Head back slightly would add a more aggressive posture.

That said, If I were going to buy the standing one, the coolprops is still available and more accurate. It's just a shame they don't have Prime 1's quality of production...
can you point out to us what part of the prime1 sculpt/paint that is not accurate?
kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #175
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolektan View Post
can you point out to us what part of the prime1 sculpt/paint that is not accurate?

• Neck area just above center of ribcage
• Shape and angle of shoulder ridges
• Shape of the shoulders themselves
• Wrist cuffs (used in the movie, but not found on the current display suit; this one's a matter of preference)
• Upper arms and forearms are slimmed down on P1
• Shape of hands; original suit hands are floppier
• Shape of bottom of ribcage
• Some of the details on the obliques are simply wrong/fabricated
• Shape of hips (original suit has more rounded hips)
• Knees must face slightly inward for an almost knobby look
• Extra detail and definition on P1 legs and arms that isn't there on film suit (look just above the knees, the bend in the arms, the details in the abdomen; these areas aren't as defined on the suit)
• Excessive micro paint mottling and spotting on P1, paintjob is softer on original suit

It's still damn good, just idealized. My biggest personal gripes are the shoulder ridges and hips.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:23 PM   #176
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #177
Nextlevel99
Birdman

You know what Prime1 version is creature version not replica of the suit? Seems you didnt check Prime1 comments and artist intention.

Photo you show from prime1 distortion focus lens.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:28 PM   #178
ukshaun
Hercules

The version with the action pose would look good with the teeth sticking out. Are there plans for a teeth swap-out? ..as a whole portrait swap-out would hike the price.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #179
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
You know what Prime1 version is creature version not replica of the suit? Seems you didnt check Prime1 comments and artist intention.

Photo you show from prime1 distortion focus lens.
"Creature accuracy" isn't a thing. The creature on screen was created using a combination of suit and animatronics. So on some level, screen accuracy is also suit accuracy. Now, I never saw much color on the screen, so perhaps you'd prefer Prime 1's statue to be completely black?

This statue is idealized and that's fine. I was simply responding to another person who asked which details were inaccurate. Take it up with them. The new Big Game/Jungle Hunter Predator isn't completely accurate and I actually prefer it to the original.

PS: Lens distortion doesn't add sculpt details that weren't there before. Even in this image, I can see the inaccuracies.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:00 PM   #180
Nextlevel99
Birdman

I have both mamegyorai and coolprops both has a lot problem is not even perfectly accurate to be honest. Extremely dissapointed with those statues.Muddy sculpt,paint and leaning issue with mamegyorai version.When i saw this one at Prime1 is perfect and this is paint by factory worker which will do also mass production. What you see what you get. Like the Dog alien.