Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-15-2020, 10:51 PM   #31
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
My ideal artist/costume lineup would be a total mishmash of eras, but that Rogue PF is definitely on there. I thought I would like a Lee Cyclops, but none of the recent ones worked for me for some reason. I would strongly consider a Cassaday. A Bachalo Rogue would be cool too. So long as they don't do the swimsuit special ones...
A good looking 1/4 Byrne or Cassaday Cyclops is an instabuy for me. I love both those costumes. Even though I'd prefer to have a 1/4 Byrne X-MEN lineup, I'm certainly not opposed to a mishmash of eras to complete the lineup I want. I already have the recent Wolverine and Colossus PFs. I also have the green XM Phoenix. All that's left for me to buy is Cyclops, Storm, and Nightcrawler. Like you, none of the 1/4 Lee Cyclops on the market were my cup of tea. So, my wait on a 1/4 Cyke continues. The OG Storm PF, while nice, didn't really blow me away. That's why I'd like to see another black costumed Storm. Nightcrawler has just been a painfully long wait. Hopefully, we'll see one in the near future. I'm done with my 1/4 X-MEN lineup once I score those 3 pieces.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:20 PM   #32
craigcliff1
Zot

should be cool once they show Hank
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:13 PM   #33
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
should be cool once they show Hank
XM is currently working on a 1/4 Beast right now. The portrait on it looks really good from the one picture I've seen of it.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:34 PM   #34
craigcliff1
Zot

Thanks should be awesome. Someone on FB had asked me about Hank, he wanted to know if was any info yet
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:35 AM   #35
FJC
Midnighter

There doesn't seem to be much info on any 1/4 X-MEN releases by IS. We have no idea of what era their X-MEN lineup will be. I just hope they skip the Lee era for now. There's plenty of options for 1/4 Lee era statues from sideshow and XM. I'm hoping IS goes the classic route.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:52 PM   #36
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

The rumour is that it won't be Lee costumes. But not much info and only rumours so far...
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:14 PM   #37
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
The rumour is that it won't be Lee costumes. But not much info and only rumours so far...
Hope we don't have to wait until December to see what they have planned.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:10 AM   #38
Peedi
The Secret Six

I completely missed this thread. Wow. Super excited about this if it happens. Especially if they aren’t Lee costumes as I have them mostly covered by Sideshow.

Like FJC though I want a complete Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne team. I need Nightcrawler, classic Cyclops and Banshee. I have XM wheelchair Prof. X ordered and I have SS Storm, new Colossus and old Wolverine PFs, and XM Phoenix.

I don’t know if I want these to stick to one era or line up so they all match, or just be random costumes.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:04 AM   #39
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I completely missed this thread. Wow. Super excited about this if it happens. Especially if they aren’t Lee costumes as I have them mostly covered by Sideshow.

Like FJC though I want a complete Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne team. I need Nightcrawler, classic Cyclops and Banshee. I have XM wheelchair Prof. X ordered and I have SS Storm, new Colossus and old Wolverine PFs, and XM Phoenix.

I don’t know if I want these to stick to one era or line up so they all match, or just be random costumes.
At this point, I'll just be happy if they just release about 3 classic X-MEN statues a year in this line and lay off the Lee costumes for about 5 years. If they can pull that off, we'll have 15 classic X-MEN in 5 years time (barring any revisits). That covers a lot of characters over the Cockrum/Byrne run. That would easily include characters like Banshee, Sunfire, Angel, and Thunderbird, as well as allowing for a revisit of a few popular characters like Wolverine or Jean.

Tackle the classic lineup for the next 4 or 5 years. Then release the Astonishing lineup over 2 to 3 years (or release a few while working on the classic pieces). Then, they can go Jim Lee crazy until the end of days for all I care. I just need a Cyclops, Storm, and Nightcrawler I like for my collection and I'm good.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:24 PM   #40
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
At this point, I'll just be happy if they just release about 3 classic X-MEN statues a year in this line and lay off the Lee costumes for about 5 years. If they can pull that off, we'll have 15 classic X-MEN in 5 years time (barring any revisits). That covers a lot of characters over the Cockrum/Byrne run. That would easily include characters like Banshee, Sunfire, Angel, and Thunderbird, as well as allowing for a revisit of a few popular characters like Wolverine or Jean.

Tackle the classic lineup for the next 4 or 5 years. Then release the Astonishing lineup over 2 to 3 years (or release a few while working on the classic pieces). Then, they can go Jim Lee crazy until the end of days for all I care. I just need a Cyclops, Storm, and Nightcrawler I like for my collection and I'm good.
Or they could go the New X-Men route and please no one. Maybe someone, somewhere.

It cracked me up when they slipped in this Frank Quitely jab in the beginning of Astonishing.

saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote