Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Matt Fletcher

Old 03-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
mjfletcher
Artist
Producer

2012 - Commissions, SDCC, etc.

What's good everyone?! Hope everything is well with all of you. It's been awhile, so I just wanted to reach out to everyone and give you an update on the commissions list and other things.

First off, sorry for the delay on the list. Been a lot busier than I expected which is a great...for me...but sadly, commissions have taken a back seat. I aim to correct that. Last month I started doing "Saturday Sketches", but realized that I should be using that time to chip away at the commission list for all of you. So.....beginning in April, Saturday Sketches will become a front for drawing for you all!!!

I will start off with 1 commission each Saturday, and if/when I can squeeze an extra piece in I will let you all know in advance. I just want to start off 1 for now and get a feel for my schedule for the rest of the year before I bite off more than I can chew. At the beginning of each month, I will email you if your piece(s) is/are being done. You paypal me the cost of the piece +shipping and your address and that's it. If you can't swing it that month, then I'll just move you down to the next month.

There are a good amount of what I would call "bigger" commissions on the list, that I wouldn't knock out in one sitting on a Saturday, so I will consider how to approach those as they come up on the list.

ALSO,

Last year I began talking with Bob Shaw at Comic Art House about representing me for watercolor commissions. I love working in watercolor, but I don't get to do it enough and don't normally offer them as commissions for a number of reasons. Anyway, so Bob and I had arranged to do a small list for SDCC this year. So, starting right...........NOW, I am taking on a limited amount of watercolor commissions. All the pieces will be 11 x 17, one character, and will be $300 each. Take a look at the Joker watercolor on my website for an idea of what it would look like. I can only take on 10 of these and will be hand delivering them at SDCC.

You can let me know or Bob know if you are interested.

Have a great day/night everyone!
Talk soon.

Matt

P.S. - keep your eyes peeled for Saturday Sketch news. Once I confirm with everyone at the beginning of the month, I will put up a roster of what to expect in the coming weeks.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
Rocket
Art of Mod

This is fantastic news and such a brilliant way to work through the commissions Matt! This is gonna be so much fun, not just to see my own stuff, but to see random stuff appear on a weekly basis from you is gonna be awesome mate!! So looking forward to this!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Awesome News !!!!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
abarron
Batman

Great news Matt
Old 03-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #5
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Sounds great Matt - I look forward to seeing what coming weeks bring.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
mjfletcher
Artist
Producer

Thanks guys! I'm pretty excited myself. Gives me an excuse to come back around here more often too. Wrothy, how's the family? Ash, wife and daughter doing well? Rodney......I know how you're doing. Finally back to work after 3 years off? lol
Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
Thanks guys! I'm pretty excited myself. Gives me an excuse to come back around here more often too. Wrothy, how's the family? Ash, wife and daughter doing well? Rodney......I know how you're doing. Finally back to work after 3 years off? lol
Doing well thanks mate. Shanan started a new job at the start of the year, which she's really enjoying. Plus she's just passed her probation period and they want to keep her on, and are going to give her a pay rise.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Things are good here with baby number 2 due in about 3 weeks.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
mjfletcher
Artist
Producer

Great to hear guys. Congratulations around!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Rodney......I know how you're doing. Finally back to work after 3 years off? lol