Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 06-26-2020, 09:02 AM   #421
Thor-El
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Doh!!!! I read "We JUST solicited Logan" as "We JUST solicited again". I got all excited thinking Hela had been put back up again for PO. LOL
Such a downer. I still haven't picked up my money back from Thinkgeek. All these statues don't interest me, its always Wolverine, Deadpool, Harley, etc. or characters resembling the actors from the movies. I like how Bowen and Alex Ross use the classic Kirby/Buscema characters from the 60s and 70s. Wish that trend was picked up by one of these statue makers. When finally they make a classic like that they cancel it.
Thor-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:06 AM   #422
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
Such a downer. I still haven't picked up my money back from Thinkgeek. All these statues don't interest me, its always Wolverine, Deadpool, Harley, etc. or characters resembling the actors from the movies. I like how Bowen and Alex Ross use the classic Kirby/Buscema characters from the 60s and 70s. Wish that trend was picked up by one of these statue makers. When finally they make a statue I like they cancel it.
Agreed, I am seriously thinking about just biting the bullet and buying a Bowen Hela at this point.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:25 AM   #423
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Agreed, I am seriously thinking about just biting the bullet and buying a Bowen Hela at this point.
Jeremy, I remember when the Bowen Hela statue came out. It got rave reviews except some Hela statues had an issue going into the base. Some people said that they had to use a blow dryer and heat the legs up to get them lined up with the holes.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:31 AM   #424
Thor-El
Frackin!

Quote:
There are some Bowen I know unless I get lucky I will never be able to get at what is to me affordable right now. Hela, Surtur, the Warriors Three, GOTG set. Busts that I'm missing that I still want are the Enchantress, Ulik, the Executioner, Hyperion, Ms. Marvel and Hela. I have a decent collection of Bowen busts but even the Hela bust goes for over $200. I used to draw the line at $60 with some exceptions but for that new Hela I was putting $160 including taxes. You will be lucky if you can find the Bowen Hela statue for less than $600.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:37 AM   #425
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
There are some Bowen I know unless I get lucky I will never be able to get at what is to me affordable right now. Hela, Surtur, the Warriors Three, GOTG set. Busts that I'm missing that I still want are the Enchantress, Ulik, the Executioner, Hyperion, Ms. Marvel and Hela. I have a decent collection of Bowen busts but even the Hela bust goes for over $200. I used to draw the line at $60 with some exceptions but for that new Hela I was putting $160 including taxes. You will be lucky if you can find the Bowen Hela statue for less than $600.
Very true. Just looked on eBay and lowest priced one currently is just under $800. Might have to look at getting the bust instead. LOL
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:50 AM   #426
Thor-El
Frackin!

Quote:
Very true. Just looked on eBay and lowest priced one currently is just under $800. Might have to look at getting the bust instead. LOL
You may get lucky in an auction. I bought a Marvel Milestone Sub-mariner that had some damage that was easily repaired in the wings and trident for $170, then there was a Sub-mariner Hard Hero still in the box being auctioned that I was able to get for $50,$100 w p&h. I just got lucky with that one. I didn't want another Submariner but at that price it was hard to pass.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:53 PM   #427
Andres
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I just hope that DST reconsiders the decision with Hela, it was such an awesome piece, she will look nice with my other villains. Also I would love more villains, Comic Loki, Red Skull, Galactus, Kang, Apocalypse, etc.
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:41 PM   #428
DSTZach
Distributor

Juggernaut hits later this month.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:55 PM   #429
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
Juggernaut hits later this month.
Awesome. Can you give us an update on Hulk? Also, when will Rhino and Colossus go up for preorder?
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:14 PM   #430
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I wonder if they are still doing a Hellcat statue
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote