Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > The Spoken Word

Old 11-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #171
iceprince_x
Deadman

Moore really outdone himself with this piece. I rarely see his comic book men but when he does...he makes a masterpiece of the man form. Great expression and representation of the characters.

So far... i now know he has two rarest pieces...the Wolverine bust and this freaking great piece.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #172
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

This is truly one of the biggest scores of all time. Clay is the best in the biz. I remember when I first saw this. I was so thrilled that Clay had started sculpting Marvel stuff for DF and Diamond... It meant we all had a chance at this, along with his Wolvie in sewer, Black Cat, MJ bust (a personal favorite) and this... It was criminal when this brilliant art never was released. Congratulations on such a rare and brilliant score. Clay is the best in this business.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #173
Superhero
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
This is truly one of the biggest scores of all time. Clay is the best in the biz. I remember when I first saw this. I was so thrilled that Clay had started sculpting Marvel stuff for DF and Diamond... It meant we all had a chance at this, along with his Wolvie in sewer, Black Cat, MJ bust (a personal favorite) and this... It was criminal when this brilliant art never was released. Congratulations on such a rare and brilliant score. Clay is the best in this business.
I totally agree. The piece in person coveys such power and symmetry. Clay really captured and translated a 2-D image to 3-D so well. It is a real shame this was not mass produced....but I think it may have suffered from necessary compromises to have this piece mass produced.

I honestly can't say enough good things about this piece. It is a real honor to own it and share it with everyone.
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #174
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Honest question here. What makes this such a sought after piece? Is it really that rare?

Congrats on the acquisition, Superhero!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #175
iceprince_x
Deadman

There are only 5 of these produced. It was supposed to be released but somewhere along the way it did not push through but there was a hyped made and even an interview.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #176
ratchet
Mandarin

This is surely one of the coolest pieces ever created - amazing score! Congrats!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #177
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

WOW! Grail score! Nice! CONGRATULATIONS!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #178
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

Wow! You've got to be totally jazzed about having such a rare and beautiful sculpt in your collection. Clay Moore is one of my personal favorites and this sculpt is just off-the-hook awesome. I'm officially jealous!

As much as I like the pics, it must be even nicer in person. Again... mucho congratulations!! I'll bet you can't look at it without smiling.
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 AM   #179
Superhero
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk12 View Post
Wow! You've got to be totally jazzed about having such a rare and beautiful sculpt in your collection. Clay Moore is one of my personal favorites and this sculpt is just off-the-hook awesome. I'm officially jealous!

As much as I like the pics, it must be even nicer in person. Again... mucho congratulations!! I'll bet you can't look at it without smiling.
Thank you everyone for the kind words.
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #180
XMAN
Ultron

wow......I always hoped this pieced would have been released....congratulations......
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote