Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-14-2021, 09:23 AM   #31
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Congrats...I don't have any FF4 yet, but I've been eyeing the old SS dio...if I can find it for a decent price. I think it's in a similar scale. Bit of a compact piece, but I like it. An option in case you weren't aware.
I've seen that FF dio. It looks great. However, I have the last Torch and Thing statues Bowen released and love them both way too much to sell them. I desperately want a full size Reed and Sue to complete the set. If I could get a Reed and Sue that look as good as the dio in Bowen scale, I'd be all over that. As I said earlier, I'll probably have to go the custom route to get what I want.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:50 AM   #32
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
The first set of Reed and Sue statues has a heavy Kirby influence. I know what a LEGEND Kirby is and how important he is to the Marvel universe but I'm not really a fan of his art. The second set of statues (from the 3 pack) looks like early 70's FF art to me. Reed looks ok with the Ultimate Nullifier but Sue looks kinda plump and her hair is so dated. I may have to go the custom route to get a more modern looking Reed and Sue to finish off my Bowen FF lineup. I keep hoping Kotobukiya releases them in their 1/6 line but that's highly unlikely.
I never understood the logic behind doing a 3 pack of FS Fantastic Four statues. I could see the duo Spider-Man or Cyclops packs in two different outfits but those were 3 different characters and it did not really showcase the characters very well power wise. Plus, you were forced to purchase all 3 when you maybe did not want all 3. I was looking this up on Ebay just out of curiosity to see if any were available just to see how many were produced and there are none up for sale at this point. (Mini bust set is which other than the Torch, Reed and Sue do not look that great in that one).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:08 AM   #33
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I never understood the logic behind doing a 3 pack of FS Fantastic Four statues. I could see the duo Spider-Man or Cyclops packs in two different outfits but those were 3 different characters and it did not really showcase the characters very well power wise. Plus, you were forced to purchase all 3 when you maybe did not want all 3. I was looking this up on Ebay just out of curiosity to see if any were available just to see how many were produced and there are none up for sale at this point. (Mini bust set is which other than the Torch, Reed and Sue do not look that great in that one).
Yeah, the 3 pack doesn't make much sense to me. I know that Johnny isn't in his flaming form but I already have the clear red resin Torch so I don't need or want Johnny in his regular form. If I bought the 3 pack, he would've stayed in the box. They should have offered just Reed and Sue as a set. Either way, it's looking more and more like I have to go the custom route. I just can't see another company releasing a 1/6 scale Reed and Sue anytime soon.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote