Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-19-2021, 05:05 AM   #201
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
Demand is still very high for Bowen pieces. Just goes to show how timeless they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
Bowen is the Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko of statues.
Very true! That's why we need him to restart his business.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:55 AM   #202
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Nice to hear that BD is still strong. I just moved and realized I have way too much stuff. Hoping that there is a BD relaunch and prices continue to rise. Then again, a relaunch might just pull me back in.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:00 PM   #203
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
I saw this thread and nodded. Sunfire statue is $650 - add in shipping and customs and I'm priced out of that item. Such a cool statue. Bowen statues certainly holding value and in many cases going for 4x price. Oh since I'm on this topic, anyone have a Sunfire statue to sell please PM me
Sunfire is an expensive one for sure, especially considering at one point you could get him for 1/4 the price he is now if you had a connection.

Mistress Death just sold for $600 I remember the days she would trade for $100ish in the For Sale Threads.

I get a kick out of seeing statues that would trade for LOW prices years back and these days you have to pay up to get them. The Silver Moonknight for example, i remember buying him on the other site for $130 shipped. an auction just closed with a bunch of bids for $430 shipped and a couple other buy it nows for more. I sold mine for i think $170 shipped about 6 years ago. I look at these prices and i say damn...it's about time these spectacular statues are gaining some value.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:12 PM   #204
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
It’s amazing the prices on some of the statues. Damn. I looked on eBay for one of the museum Spidey’s and when I saw the prices I said there goes that plan.
i just scooped the Larry Mallot Classic Museum Spidey FS. I adore that little piece. It's so simple and straight forward. I was considering the others as well, they're all magnificent, and so refreshing. When they were originally offered I passed on the museum Spideys. It was towards the end of the Bowen run, and at that time i thought i was moving on from BD. I'm happy i'm still here. I love all my BD FS.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:24 PM   #205
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do think that if some collectors wanted to sell some of their Bowens they would definitely get their money back that they paid and probably get a nice profit as well
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:51 PM   #206
Mister H
Gen 13

Just my opinion but I think a lot of fellas are coming to the realization that 1/4 scale is getting rid-damn-diculous in price, plus you add the crazy shipping and it's even worse....which is even worse for non-US folks. I think we'll be seeing a lot of Bowen and TH displays side by side in the near future.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:44 PM   #207
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Just my opinion but I think a lot of fellas are coming to the realization that 1/4 scale is getting rid-damn-diculous in price, plus you add the crazy shipping and it's even worse....which is even worse for non-US folks. I think we'll be seeing a lot of Bowen and TH displays side by side in the near future.
The scale as well...this scale is far more practical. There's still that large scale or bust attitude out there with some collectors, but I think it's waning a bit.

I just paid up for an Action Magneto...by far the most I've paid for a Bowen. I'm happy to have it, though. There really is no true comparison for these pieces...as fanboy as that sounds.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:12 PM   #208
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Tweeterhead are larger. Aside from Koto fine art, which are a small fraction compared to the Bowen library. I was just admiring some Bowen pieces the other day. Timeless.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:28 PM   #209
The_Scratch
Fantastic Four

Have to admit I've been rather surprised at the prices of Busts that over the last 5 years were very low... Wonder Man, Jack of Hearts, Falcon for example just seem to be a tad excessive.
I am planning on selling some of my busts that just aren't in my area of collection ie; don't fit in with my Avengers/Iron Man/ Captain America/ Alpha Flight / Defenders... the Spider Man and X-Men busts I have need to be moved out. I don't even display them.
The_Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:37 AM   #210
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

He’s also a very gracious guy. I think I may have said this before but he signed the bulk of my collection with many sketches over the course of visiting him at 2 different cons. He literally dealt with myself and my wife on one occasion and my buddy and his son on another occasion dragging in piece after piece and he signed them all. I was blown away! I never get tired of looking at my Bowen wall of statues. I love the 1/4 scale pieces too but Bowen started it all for me!!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote