Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-26-2021, 11:38 PM   #41
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have seen some of the Bowen mini statues and they looked ok but they were not that spectacular. They were affordable though

However, he did produce a Hulk and a Thor statue on a smaller scale which were about 9 inches tall. They were larger than the mini statues and those were actually nice. Also he produced a small scale Wasp statue which was a great way to add the Wasp to a collection of Avengers character for not that much of a cost. Where a normal statue would have been 12 to 14 inches tall the actual Wasp statue was about 1 1/2 inches tall and it was on a translucent piece of acrylic to simulate flying.

I liked the mini busts but there were some of the mini busts with arms that looked like they could have been half a statue and would have just needed legs added on and would have been a great full size statue.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:59 PM   #42
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The mini-busts from Phase 1 were more traditional museum busts (no arms). Then Bowen started doing half-statues which became the standard. They still did traditional mini-busts from time to time like the Red Hulk. A lot of these mini-busts allowed Randy to produce some obscure characters that wouldn't necessarily sell as FS.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:40 AM   #43
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Thanks all - this was very informative. So a bust is a bust in terms of size. Arms are just dependent on when it was made bc it was an art direction decision.

I think that’s how I took all that in
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:46 AM   #44
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

yes, you definitely got it. The later busts were kind of nice because they were a little bit of a larger scale and if you displayed them with FS statues they did not look so out of place as the earlier busts did a little bit since they were of a smaller scale.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:31 AM   #45
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Thanks all - this was very informative. So a bust is a bust in terms of size. Arms are just dependent on when it was made bc it was an art direction decision.

I think that’s how I took all that in
well, except for the mini statue busts that are really mini mini busts...coined as tiny torsos which is actually less accurate than calling the half statues busts given a torso is without arms and a head, but catchy nonetheless.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:31 AM   #46
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I have never been in love with the Storm bust, but I do love and have the full-size statue.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote