Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #11
risingstar
Jedi Order

Back in the day, we used to sit around a 15 inch TV set to watch the hockey game. And, if we wanted to change the channel, we had to get up and walk over to the TV and turn the dial. Every so often, we actually had to whack the top of the TV to get a better image, or worse, play around with the rabbit ear antennas. And, if we wanted to watch a particular movie, we often had to wait months for it to come on TV. It was quite the event too as friends would come over like it was a super treat.

Nowadays, kids can pretty much watch whatever they want, whenever they want on a huge screen TV.... lol.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #12
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post

Nowadays, kids can pretty much watch whatever they want, whenever they want on a huge screen TV.... lol.
or on their phone...
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #13
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
or on their phone...
I'll never understand the "joy" of watching a movie/program on a screen only a few inches wide!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

My biggest beef these days is shoes. Used to be I could walk into a store and pick up a decent pair of white leather sneakers for about 40 bucks. Now I can't even find anything so droll as a classic tennis or high top shoe. Everything is al done out in garish colours, trimmed in chrome and side vents and suspension and all kinds of other crap. And just forget about anything that's not approaching three or four hundred bucks.
I just want a pair of shoes dammit, not some effin' UFOs for my feet!!!
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #15
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
My biggest beef these days is shoes. Used to be I could walk into a store and pick up a decent pair of white leather sneakers for about 40 bucks. Now I can't even find anything so droll as a classic tennis or high top shoe. Everything is al done out in garish colours, trimmed in chrome and side vents and suspension and all kinds of other crap. And just forget about anything that's not approaching three or four hundred bucks.
I just want a pair of shoes dammit, not some effin' UFOs for my feet!!!
I even saw those Convere Classic shoes - the ones that went for about $20 retail - and most of the time you find them on sale for way cheaper - run about $60 now. That's a ridiculous amount of money to pay for shoes that are basically cloth with a rubber sole.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #16
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The young people are programmed (not their fault cause they are bombarded with it and no one to motivate their discipline) that they gotta have the latest techno sh!t. Trash what they have, get the latest toy and feed the need of the corporate greed.

Same with physical fitness level. It was bad enough when I was young but now, according to my cardiologist she has never been so busy because of heart disease in the young. Garbage food is dangled in front of them and then so many toys to keep them from going out and being physically active with so few showing them the fun of outdoor games or even how good it feels to have a great workout. Sure, there are a lot of exceptions but so many are not eating right or exercising enough (if at all). Again, not completely their fault. They make some of those junk treats look pretty darn sweet til you think of the fat where it's at.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 AM   #17
johnclone
The Enchantress

"They make some of those junk treats look pretty darn sweet til you think of the fat where it's at."

I think we've got a hit on our hands here!
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:53 AM   #18
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Every day I lose a little more faith in the youth of today. Here (in Oz) as least there's never a been a young generation that is so convinced the world owes them everything.

And I hate their stupid low slung jeans and silly wide brimmed baseball caps. Pull up your pants and put your hat on straight d!ck wads
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #19
Batwing
Cobra Command

The English language (and probably in all other languages) has been trashed with all the text slang, short forms and poor grammar. Communication has already changed radically!
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
"They make some of those junk treats look pretty darn sweet til you think of the fat where it's at."

I think we've got a hit on our hands here!
Not rap tho. It's called Crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Every day I lose a little more faith in the youth of today. Here (in Oz) as least there's never a been a young generation that is so convinced the world owes them everything.

And I hate their stupid low slung jeans and silly wide brimmed baseball caps. Pull up your pants and put your hat on straight d!ck wads
THOSE ARE HUMANS?? I thought it was an invasion of Alien satirists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwing View Post
The English language (and probably in all other languages) has been trashed with all the text slang, short forms and poor grammar. Communication has already changed radically!

Quiet please. I'm on my phone.

BW. Tho I'm often guilty of playing around with the language in a childish attempt at humor.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote