Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #11
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

ComicBoy haven't you read "I am Legend"?? Great book!!
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #12
Comicboy
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco View Post
ComicBoy haven't you read "I am Legend"?? Great book!!
Nope, but I intend to now. Thanks Loco! There is a movie coming out based on this I gather from what I've read. I also read Omega Man was very loosely based on this but it was butchered.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #13
Comicboy
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Robert Mccammon wrote Swan Song. Awesome book from a fantastic author. Couple of other recommendations by the same author: Wolf's Hour, Mine and Speaks the Nightbird.

Website www.robertmccammon.com
Very cool, thanks! It's funny we have Wolf's Hour on our shelf, I don't think I ever finished it though. Mine and Speaks the Nightbird I've never heard of. I guess I have some reading to do.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:36 AM   #14
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicboy View Post
Nope, but I intend to now. Thanks Loco! There is a movie coming out based on this I gather from what I've read. I also read Omega Man was very loosely based on this but it was butchered.
Yeah, pick up this book ASAP!!! Here is some nice trivia:

* 1968: Night of the Living Dead directed and written by George Romero, who acknowledges the initial idea for which was drawn from Matheson's book. The movie has spawned numerous sequels and clones.

* 1984: Night of the Comet concerns the survivors of a mass extinction resulting from a comet's close sweep to Earth. The survivors are split between those unaffected by the comet and those who have been transformed into murderous, zombie-like creatures.

* 2002: 28 Days Later, by Trainspotting director Danny Boyle which takes the zombie movie template established by Romero. However, 28 Days Later does not feature the traditional slow-moving reanimated corpses of most zombie films, but does feature outright murderous, angry hordes of what are essentially diseased, but not undead, people; the "infected" in Boyle's film share such qualities with the vampires in I Am Legend.

* 2007: I Am Legend is directed by Francis Lawrence and stars Will Smith. The screenplay was initially drafted by Mark Protosevich and has been revised by Akiva Goldsman. I Am Legend began filming in late September 2006 and is slated for a November 21, 2007 release.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #15
rric528
Sinister Six

Just finished WW Z. Great book! Would recomend it to anyone interested in horror or military/political novels.
rric528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #16
Gangleri
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Read the Survival Guide and enjoyed it ..... am looking to WW Z.

First heard about the author and both books when he appeared on the Late Late Show.
Ever since (Ferguson's book "Between the bridge and the River" is like his monologue, funny, insightful but it bounces around alot ) the host wrote a book he's had some interesting authors on. Can recommend Denise Mina (strong female characters)mysteries after watching the show and reading her books.
Gangleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:06 AM   #17
mrmoto
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Robert Mccammon wrote Swan Song. Awesome book from a fantastic author. Couple of other recommendations by the same author: Wolf's Hour, Mine and Speaks the Nightbird.

Website www.robertmccammon.com
Robert McCammon is AWESOME!!

I've read the majority of his work. WOLF'S HOUR, THEY THIRST (you might imagine the characters as the ones in the film, NEAR DARK!) and MINE are great to start with.

McCammon disappeared for 10 years, and finally released SPEAKS THE NIGHTBIRD. I gotta say, it was an extremely tedious read. I really didn't like it and slogged to the end.

Hope we don't have to wait another 10 years.
mrmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:26 AM   #18
Raven1014
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Found this tidbit on another website.

http://geeksofdoom.com/2007/02/24/st...t-world-war-z/

Quote:
While discussing his upcoming projects at this weekend’s New York Comic Con, writer J. Michael Straczynski said that he is adapting the Max Brooks novel World War Z for Paramount Studios.

The writer stressed that his adaptation will be “very faithful to the book,” which centers around first-hand accounts from human survivors of a zombie war. Since the book does not feature a main character, the writer will make the journalist interviewing the survivors of the war the protagonist.
Raven1014 is offline   Reply With Quote