Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 05-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Advice for 1st Time SD Comic Con Attendee

Hey guys:

I'm attending my first San Diego Comic Con this year (Thurs. & Fri.). I know it's huge and heard that the best thing to do is review the program before hand and strategize on what to hit and when.

So, for a statue/model kit collector, any suggestions for which booths to visit and make the time for?

Any other general tips (e.g., hitting certain booths at certain times or early to avoid crowds, etc.)?

Thanks!!
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

You'll probably be at the sideshow booth for most of the time since they give away something practically every hour lol. The kotobukiya booth was pretty cool to visit as he was scuplting something right there on the floor.

Def check the program if you are looking to get autographs because some are limited and will require you to do a drawing to get in line for the autograph.

Crowds will be everywhere so you can't really avoid that. All in all, there is nothing you can do to keep you from having a great time.
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
sketch515
Artist
ArtistProducer

i have found that if there is something i want to get to and its on the other end of the convention, if you go out into the lobby area its much quicker than walking through the actual con floor
sketch515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i also say to pack your own lunch so you don't have to worry about paying ridiculous prices on crap con food. there should be a supermarket close by the con where you can pick up a sandwich or two for a few bucks.
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ask to open the statues for inspection before buying. Failure to do so could potentially ruin the experience for you.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:39 AM   #6
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

wear very confortable shoes and brings snacks are two of the best things I can tell you.

then PATIENCE , because there will be lines for everything you want
Old 05-12-2010, 06:54 AM   #7
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch515 View Post
i have found that if there is something i want to get to and its on the other end of the convention, if you go out into the lobby area its much quicker than walking through the actual con floor
Good point.

I have been to SDCC in 04 and 07.
It was BUSY and was noticeabley busier in 07 so its going to be packed.
There will be queues everywhere so try and plan you day as best you can.
You don't want to miss out on that one signing or screening because your stuck in a line
I tried to set up commission before the con so i could just pick up and pay for them there.

Most importantly enjoy yourself
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
IronLungs31

Get in a lot of carbo's... Because you are going to be doing so much walking...The con is HUGE!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

bring some mint spray with you, small and able to pull out out of your pocket fast for spraying. Cause if you have the luck i do. You will get stuck in a booth looking thru stuff and some guy will corner you who hasn't showed EVER and start to choke due to the smell.......
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
bring some mint spray with you, small and able to pull out out of your pocket fast for spraying. Cause if you have the luck i do. You will get stuck in a booth looking thru stuff and some guy will corner you who hasn't showed EVER and start to choke due to the smell.......
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote