Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 10-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #21
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Not just Apple, but quite honestly the whole world. There's not a corner of world that Steve's ideas and innovations haven't or won't eventually touch.

I think President Obama said it best:

"Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.

By building one of the planet’s most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity. By making computers personal and putting the internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented."

When I was reading about his passing this morning, I realized I was sitting in front of my IMac staring at it in tears ... this is the guy that made being a computer nerd, and a cartoon junky a cool thing. He was unique as much in his conviction, as he was in his imagination.

RIP Mr. Jobs, you will be missed more than you know.
Jesse, thanks for the awesome post, you said it well.

I know that one of the companies I am part owner of would never have taken off it was not for the Apple computers we used at the time to produce the specialized books.

Thank-you Steve for the inspiration and vision you have allowed us to share with you, and in turn inspired many people. Rest in peace, and thank-you for living on in what you have done for us.
Batman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #22
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Patton Oswalt said it well.

"Rest in peace Steve Jobs. You were the closest thing we had to Tony Stark."
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote