Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-22-2018, 01:24 PM   #161
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
They must of not sold as many as they hoped to....
The two week preorder window was too short. Tweeterhead, for example, has a much longer preorder period, and even some of their pieces end up with relatively small edition sizes.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #162
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The two week preorder window was too short. Tweeterhead, for example, has a much longer preorder period, and even some of their pieces end up with relatively small edition sizes.
I do think in the case of this Joker, a company has to be careful not to be too over the top in the design. All the other art designs for XM DC statues look great but even though I did order this it does seem the over the top design has kept some people away...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #163
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I do think in the case of this Joker, a company has to be careful not to be too over the top in the design. All the other art designs for XM DC statues look great but even though I did order this it does seem the over the top design has kept some people away...
I agree. I don't think 1/6 collectors want pieces with a large footprint, and they also want more affordable prices.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:56 PM   #164
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Just to let folks know. XM is hoping to do for 1/6 what they did to the 1/4 statue market place. Very nice detailed dynamic statues that tell a story. One look at the entire DC line will show that the majority of footprints (even this Joker) take up very little space but are very detailed at the same time.

Plus the fact XM is doing extra special things on these 1/6 like Light up features, extra switch out parts, multiple portraits, etc. clearly show the ambitious ness of this line. Plus the paints are detailed to match the statues.

This is just informing those who may not know about the 1/6 direction of XM.

Also, any line starting off will cause some hesitancy with some collectors because they want to see more characters than just one and get a feel for how the rest of the line will look. I know there will be several DC statues at the con...with MAYBE a few concepts and / or 3d renders for upcoming characters that have not been shown as of yet.

Joker, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman, Flash (strong feeling he will be there). Can't wait till Shazam and Black Adam are done.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:12 PM   #165
Augen
Metal Men

If they do the characters I want and do them justice I am fine with it. Wonder Woman looks great thus far, just need to see her in full glory and see buying options. I hope they do announce more characters I want.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:40 AM   #166
Nebulhym
The X-Men

As much as I love Tweeterhead's Joker, it looks almost bland and boring compared to this one.

This, to me, is an example of "creative" art direction that doesn't screw up the spirit of the character. (Other companies who do their own versions on the character and that I won't be citing here should really learn from this...)

Joker as a character is TOO MUCH, why would I want an extremely quiet version?
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #167
BabySweat
Kindly Asked To Leave

XM joker looks too toyish. The base is so over-the-top that it takes away from the character.
BabySweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:48 PM   #168
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySweat View Post
XM joker looks too toyish. The base is so over-the-top that it takes away from the character.
I agree. I think the Tweeterhead Joker is THE 1/6 Joker statue to own of the character. I think it looks better overall and has far better portraits.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #169
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySweat View Post
We all have over different tastes. Like Neb...I love the over the top Joker's. He has always been one to go way out of his way just to get at Batman or just to irk him. His unpredictability and manic zaniness is what makes this character so alluring.

You get maniacal and a wanting to know just what makes this dude tick.

When I see Joker from Tweeterhead...it would be a pose I would give Bullseye (Daredevil's villain). Its more in your face and matter of fact and less zany. Neither XM or Tweeterhead is bad or worse than the other...its more a matter of feeling IMO. I want over the top and maniacal with Joker. And something tells me the Harley (you know she is coming if Joker has already been done) that will match up with this will be equally as crazed and exciting.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:29 PM   #170
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Just to let folks know. XM is hoping to do for 1/6 what they did to the 1/4 statue market place. Very nice detailed dynamic statues that tell a story. One look at the entire DC line will show that the majority of footprints (even this Joker) take up very little space but are very detailed at the same time.

Plus the fact XM is doing extra special things on these 1/6 like Light up features, extra switch out parts, multiple portraits, etc. clearly show the ambitious ness of this line. Plus the paints are detailed to match the statues.

This is just informing those who may not know about the 1/6 direction of XM.

Also, any line starting off will cause some hesitancy with some collectors because they want to see more characters than just one and get a feel for how the rest of the line will look. I know there will be several DC statues at the con...with MAYBE a few concepts and / or 3d renders for upcoming characters that have not been shown as of yet.

Joker, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman, Flash (strong feeling he will be there). Can't wait till Shazam and Black Adam are done.
No Shazam! Or Black Adam at the con?
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote