Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-03-2024, 12:46 PM   #1
Exorcist
Hydra

Question Wonder Woman 1:1 bust - Infinity Studios vs Queen Studios

Infinity Studios - Wonder Woman 1:1 LSB
VS
Queen Studios - Wonder Woman 1:1 Bust

So which one is the better version?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9E5B9E4B-8B0B-489F-8F8D-68CBFA79EED1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	167241   Click image for larger version

Name:	25AE2283-9D27-4771-8FD3-1E4E89EF8DDE.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	167242  
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 05:10 PM   #2
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Prototype: Infinity by a landslide.

Production: Infinity, maybe. I saw a production piece for the Infinity, and it was such a downgrade, that I kept my Queen preorder. I just wish Queen had a back that was equally as impressive.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 05:37 PM   #3
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Prototype: Infinity by a landslide.

Production: Infinity, maybe. I saw a production piece for the Infinity, and it was such a downgrade, that I kept my Queen preorder. I just wish Queen had a back that was equally as impressive.
It might have been a knock off that was displayed. There are people listing the knock offs on ebay for under 2K. Buyer beware!
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 06:26 PM   #4
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
It might have been a knock off that was displayed. There are people listing the knock offs on ebay for under 2K. Buyer beware!
Nope.

It was Sugo's display piece, and I haven't been too impressed by many of the videos and photos posted online either.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 08:03 PM   #5
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Nope.

It was Sugo's display piece, and I haven't been too impressed by many of the videos and photos posted online either.
Okay. Thanks for the info.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 10:43 PM   #6
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Ironically, the production piece for the Queen version was a vast improvement versus the prototype, while the Infinity version was severely downgraded in quality from proto to production….ultimately they are both pretty close in likeness but the Queen’s iconic pose plus the much more intricate base give it the edge for me.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 11:20 PM   #7
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Having seen both in person (IS at Celebrity Authentics Universal Citywalk, QS at my house), I think IS has a better likeness, but the difference between the QS likeness is not enough for me to upgrade from QS to IS. I prefer the pose and base on QS more. The shield on QS is also a nice edition and somewhat resolves the issue of no back on the bust.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 11:27 PM   #8
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
Having seen both in person (IS at Celebrity Authentics Universal Citywalk, QS at my house), I think IS has a better likeness, but the difference between the QS likeness is not enough for me to upgrade from QS to IS. I prefer the pose and base on QS more. The shield on QS is also a nice edition and somewhat resolves the issue of no back on the bust.
Would changing the hair on the QS to black, instead of brown, help strengthen the likeness at all- or do you think the relative weakness is due to the features/feature relationships?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 11:45 PM   #9
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

It's more the features on the face. The hair being brown on QS doesn't really bother me at all, even though it's not accurate. I also prefer the hair styling on QS over IS.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 06:58 AM   #10
Exorcist
Hydra

Hmmm I accidentally forgot to add a poll. It seems that most people that I have spoken to see pro’s and con’s on both versions.

Some people think the QS has a better likeness while others think that IS wins it. The likeness seems to be equally good.

But most people tend to agree that the paint app on the Infinity Studios version is slightly better, while the QS version has a better hairline and cooler accessoires like the shield and base.

*thinking* hmmmm
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote