Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #141
jhauser
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Adamantium Member

This one has gotten a lot more tempting! I'm kind of torn as to whether the character means enough to get me to preorder her though. Decisions, decisions...

I've got to say that it's really refreshing seeing how hard XM works with the fans to make the statues as good as possible. Unlike a certain other company that seems to totally remove the fanbase from the decision making process in how a statue ends up looking. And if any changes do happen we get left in the dark for the most part.
jhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #142
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

changes have made a nice improvement..but tbh, i'm very happy with my SS Widow so i just don't feel any need to purchase this...congrats to all those who are though...it's a great piece
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #143
mistermark
Birdman

The XM widow is beautiful wow.
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #144
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
changes have made a nice improvement..but tbh, i'm very happy with my SS Widow so i just don't feel any need to purchase this...congrats to all those who are though...it's a great piece
+1
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #145
Thor57
Teen Titans

She's very beautiful looking, I do agree. I'm just not that attached to the character. If I needed a Widow, I could get the SS, have the eyes fixed, and be satisfied. And save $400 or so bucks. The only thing that would tempt me to get this is the print that comes with it. If I decided to display my Avengers with their prints, then a BW, if I got one, would be lonely with no art behind her.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:37 PM   #146
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

This is one sexy looking piece. I am so glad I waited until xm's version. Really looking forward to this one coming out. A++ all around on this.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:14 AM   #147
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
She's very beautiful looking, I do agree. I'm just not that attached to the character. If I needed a Widow, I could get the SS, have the eyes fixed, and be satisfied. And save $400 or so bucks. The only thing that would tempt me to get this is the print that comes with it. If I decided to display my Avengers with their prints, then a BW, if I got one, would be lonely with no art behind her.
See and that's the key word that has totally made me change the way I collect.

Just to simply be satisfied will not do. I want to be blown away.

With the BW....XM blows me away. SS is satisfactory.....it's good enough.....it's pleasing enough!

I've never heard the words stellar, exciting, etc.

These are the words I live by in statue collecting.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:22 AM   #148
Thor57
Teen Titans

Thats all well and good. And I live by that with pieces I have to have with characters I love. I wasnt wow'd, blown away, or even midly impressed with SS's Modern Thor. So it was an easy pass. Same with Batman. He's easily my second favorite character, and for a long time, my favorite. But the PF has to many nagging issues. I dont like either of the portraits. I dont care for mixed media. His body is so misproportioned that its distracting. His biceps are entirely to large for the rest of his body.

The big difference between Thor/Batman and Black Widow? If I never have a Black Widow in my collection, I'm okay with that. If one day, I look at my growing Avengers collection and say, Hmmm, needs a little more female love, and I decide to get a BW, she doesnt have to be as perfect as those other two. I could live with SS's BW and I think she'd fit in fine.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #149
Thor57
Teen Titans

I guess another way to think of it is to match the character with their stature. Batman, Superman, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Spider-Man, Wolverine.............those are ICONS. They have to show it. They have to command attention when you walk into a display room. Black Widow, Iron Fist, Scorpion (Spider-Man villain), Exodus....all characters I'd love to own, but they arent icons. If I can get a 8/10 statue of those guys for $400 vs a 10/10 one for $800, I'll probably go with the $400 as long as their isnt some glaring flaw.

Not to be confused with personal favorites. Gladiator, Havok, Black Adam, those are guys that arent icons on the level of the big boys, but they are personal favorites that I love. Only the best would do. Those are rare instances where I'll skip the logic of 8/10 vs 10/10 and go for the 10/10 every time.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:05 AM   #150
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhauser View Post
This one has gotten a lot more tempting! I'm kind of torn as to whether the character means enough to get me to preorder her though. Decisions, decisions...

I've got to say that it's really refreshing seeing how hard XM works with the fans to make the statues as good as possible. Unlike a certain other company that seems to totally remove the fanbase from the decision making process in how a statue ends up looking. And if any changes do happen we get left in the dark for the most part.
I was in the same boat...the statue is perfect and more, but she wasn't necessarily a need. Until I mapped out where I'm going with my 1:4 scale statues...I'm mostly a 1:6 collector so I really only buy certain 1:4 characters or statues that have that wow factor. My idea is to have a few key Avengers on one side and a few key Justice League members on the other. Obviously, Wonder Woman is key to JLA so I needed a female Avenger to pose opposite her and this Black Widow fits the bill. I could have gone with Scarlet Witch, Ms Marvel, etc. but I think I'll put the movie team together based on their comic looks though.

That said, done...ordered!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote