Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #231
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangooface View Post
How do you guys know the price? Was there another leak beside the teaser?
The full reveal is up on Sideshow's site.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/at-last-w...s-to-the-jedi/
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #232
Sandman585
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
The full reveal is up on Sideshow's site.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/at-last-w...s-to-the-jedi/
The portrait is really nice otherwise kinda meh.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #233
bangooface
Blue Falcon

Nice!! I like it overall. Although I was hoping for hood as well
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #234
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
The portrait is really nice otherwise kinda meh.

Indeed, the portrait is really well done.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #235
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Not all products being made in China require skilled labor; most probably don't. There's a limited amount of factories for this work, and with all these collectible companies springing up in the last couple of years, demand is probably exponentially higher than it was 10 years ago.

Not saying the prices are justified or not, but it's not just about inflation; demand for this specific labor has to be taken into account.
That seems like the case, but if companies have to continue to raise their prices in order to compete for these factories, the bubble will have to burst at some point? Question is which one of these companies is going to bow out first? It seems like they all have the same damn licenses.

ECC and Prime are the only ones that are hitting licenses that have demand, but have never been touched and SS holds most of the marbles when it comes to the big licenses and global distributing. It's going to be hard for companies like IA and IS to stay afloat.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:06 PM   #236
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i know said take my money, but heck no, I'm definitely not paying 520 for this. I'd rather go find a mythos and pay for that
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:13 PM   #237
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I gotta say the only thing that keeps me in the hobby to this point is the flex pay. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to shell out all that money in one shot. This piece should have been around $450 max. I mean the statue looks great but damn. $520. That means if the base had a little more going on Maul would have been $569 just like Kylo. If SS is going to continue to raise prices they also need to step up their game.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:52 PM   #238
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I gotta say the only thing that keeps me in the hobby to this point is the flex pay. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to shell out all that money in one shot. This piece should have been around $450 max. I mean the statue looks great but damn. $520. That means if the base had a little more going on Maul would have been $569 just like Kylo. If SS is going to continue to raise prices they also need to step up their game.
Yea man the flex pay is genius on SS's part. That's the only way I can collect as well.

That being said I love the museum stand and simple look for Maul. It's pricey but I like it.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:02 PM   #239
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Indeed, the portrait is really well done.
It is well done but still doesn't warrant any kind of price like they set! Guess I'll just enjoy my mythos and maul LSF! And in future most likely get the xm maul! Just can't believe the pricing they're setting on these! They are really drawling the collecting hobby enthusiast line thin with these prices and many will be submitting and tapping out here soon before it gets anymore out of hand... Glad I'm not a Star Wars completionist anymore as id be opening second and third mortgage.. Yikes!!! Scary times for future of this line and collecting as we know it!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:32 PM   #240
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
That seems like the case, but if companies have to continue to raise their prices in order to compete for these factories, the bubble will have to burst at some point? Question is which one of these companies is going to bow out first? It seems like they all have the same damn licenses.

ECC and Prime are the only ones that are hitting licenses that have demand, but have never been touched and SS holds most of the marbles when it comes to the big licenses and global distributing. It's going to be hard for companies like IA and IS to stay afloat.
Yeah, the stuff seems to be selling as of now, but there's gotta be a ceiling. And unfortunately, a correction will hit the smaller companies first.

It's a catch-22 for collectors; if the market is booming, we get increased choice and competition leading to higher quality product and more variety, but manufacturing becomes bottlenecked and prices rise; if the market retracts, competition is diminished or eliminated, we get less variety, but prices remain steady. It doesn't seem possible to have a thriving industry with high quality, lots of variety and low prices; we pay one way or the other.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote