Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: In what condition did your Scorpion Statue arrive ?
My Scorpion Statue was fine 18 24.66%
My Scorpion Statue had flaws/breakage but I did not report to Sideshow 10 13.70%
My Scorpion Statue had flaws/breakage and I reported to Sideshow 32 43.84%
I have not checked my Scorpion Statue yet 13 17.81%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #61
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Have some bad news to report. I checked my skull head this morning and found the black paint around his neck flaking off. Theirs cracks running all along the back and front, it's only a matter of time before it gets worse.

So far I haven't seen any issues on the statue itself or the other heads. But this does make me nervous now, wondering if in the near future the paint on the statue will start to peal and flake.

Chris
Now just imagine what will happen once the paint starts cracking, and the arms fall out of the sockets due to poor paint and glue app, not to mention you might want to change up the heads every now and then.

I see nothing but happening in the near future for many of all you Scorpion statue owners!

Such an awesome statue too.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #62
Bruticus
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Be real man, Look at the poll again and think a minute......Does it look like all 700 owners voted in this poll...no.

But for the amount of people that did vote, the breakage is high. The poll is probly a fair representation on a whole.
I did not say all 700 needed to vote but a higher ammount of ppl needed to do it to get a more accurate damaged/fine ration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Honestly, the only thing worse than your grasp of statistics is your grammar, but that's not what we're really here to discuss.

You threw out the ridiculous stats but failed to explain why you think the 50 or so recieved by members here seem to be damaged at a rate of 2 out of 3 but somehow the other 650 or so in the ES that we don't know about will somehow miraculously be perfect. I would love to hear your theories on how that will happen. Guess the members of SF just got a bad batch, huh?
first off: Honestly guys..this is not just on this forum but on other aswell, do you think that english is the mother language of all countrys?, you realize there are other countrys that dont have english as their mother language. I could comment on this mroe but I know how this will end and therefore shall not.

second: read again..what I posted, I assumed and posted a THEORY and how I also can turn the statistics around so it would look better and that a higher account would give a more valid ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Thanks for keeping an eye on the kids there, Dad, but he pretty much started it with this comment:

So you can go play pretend-Mod in another thread now.
I know math skills overall in the world are poor as well in the US and in Sweden this goes for adults and teenagers. Not everyone undertands it, and especially statistics were you can pretty much turn it to get the wanted results.

your last comment...Im goign to restrain myself from saying anything..but wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
With all due respect Braticus, it seems like there are some flaws in your statements:

First off, the poll results are not based on assumptions but rather actual reported answers. So when you assumed away all the possibilities of additonal damaged piece, you are no longer working with statistics.

Percentage were obtained from the polls and thus do have significant meaning. We only know for certain that 32 out of the 54 total statues came in with flaws. We do not know, and cannot say for sure, what the other 646pcs are going to turn out like. But statistically, this sample size thus far is telling us that with 95% confidence, we can be sure that the percentage of damaged statues willl be 59.26% +/- 13% (margin of error). That's still a range of 46.26% to 72.26% for damaged statues. You can run the numbers here if you like to see for yourself:

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

Not sure how you came up with the 150-200 pieces to get a correct estimate. Statistically, as sample size get smaller, the margin of error gets larger. But that does not mean we cannot take the sample given and run it statistically to get meaningful results. Keep in mind that these statues are sent out randomly to forum members from various parts of the world. I am sure from a business standpoint that Jerry made this poll for a reason. If these numbers obtain from the poll is not a representation of the entire population of the statue, then there would be no reason to start this poll.

Just my 2 cents.
Once again I never pointed anything with this poll but in generall that it needed more then the results we hade when I posted (I see it has incresed with a few now)

perhapps 150 was a bit high but around 15% or so of the sum is needed to get a fair ammoutn in this case a bit over 100.

as a 2.5 year math teacher student before switching carere I have a fair bit of knowledged what I am talking about and dont just toss around ridicules replies. But is nice to see one that can make a critical and questioned response instedd of those facepalm pics that are imo on a very low childish level.
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #63
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Some heated debate!

Just wanted to say that Sideshow are sending me a new body for Scorpian. Fingers crossed.

I really want a mint statue.

Having said that compared to all the damage I've seen I could have been far worse off.

I have damage to the knee pad only. Two clean breaks to the talons (?) on the skull. So if worst came to worst I'd just glue it and take the Sideshow coupon.
Especially as this statue is looking to be rarer than we thought....

I'll let you know about the new body.

Mark
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #64
Nyxs
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post

your last comment...Im goign to restrain myself from saying anything..but wow.

I don't really think the last comment he made was meant for you.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #65
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Have some bad news to report. I checked my skull head this morning and found the black paint around his neck flaking off. Theirs cracks running all along the back and front, it's only a matter of time before it gets worse.

So far I haven't seen any issues on the statue itself or the other heads. But this does make me nervous now, wondering if in the near future the paint on the statue will start to peal and flake.

Chris
Oh that is just fantastic

*Facepalm.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #66
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That flaking looks pretty bad...
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #67
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxs View Post
I don't really think the last comment he made was meant for you.
You're correct, it wasn't, but he has been so clueless on everything else he's said, why stop now lol.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #68
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
That flaking looks pretty bad...
Agreed, I would be looking for replacements. Looks awful.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #69
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

EX INSTOCK, but with such a high Damage rates....
GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #70
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Some heated debate!

Just wanted to say that Sideshow are sending me a new body for Scorpian. Fingers crossed.

I really want a mint statue.

Having said that compared to all the damage I've seen I could have been far worse off.

I have damage to the knee pad only. Two clean breaks to the talons (?) on the skull. So if worst came to worst I'd just glue it and take the Sideshow coupon.
Especially as this statue is looking to be rarer than we thought....

I'll let you know about the new body.

Mark
Fingers crossed for you Born. Hope you get a good one.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote