Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #131
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hogarth would've been perfect to give Giant more scale.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #132
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
Hogarth would've been perfect to give Giant more scale.
Almost anything would've been better than what they decided on for the base which is my only issue with the statue. By making the base so sparse and not adding anything to fully indicate scale it ruins the piece for me. To me it's a minor tragedy to make a statue for The Iron GIANT and yet make him posing on what essentially looks like a golf divot. For the price they're asking that baffles me.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #133
nearmint
Phoenix

The scale issue is a real concern, and easily fixed. Come on Sideshow, step up here.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #134
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
Almost anything would've been better than what they decided on for the base which is my only issue with the statue. By making the base so sparse and not adding anything to fully indicate scale it ruins the piece for me. To me it's a minor tragedy to make a statue for The Iron GIANT and yet make him posing on what essentially looks like a golf divot. For the price they're asking that baffles me.
Agreed. Some trees, power lines, a beat up old truck, or anything else would have been preferable to nothing at all. I can't believe no one at SS thought it important to include some reference to scale.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:19 PM   #135
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Agreed. Some trees, power lines, a beat up old truck, or anything else would have been preferable to nothing at all. I can't believe no one at SS thought it important to include some reference to scale.
Great post. I was wondering what could be added at a minimum while getting the maximum out of the addition and you're spot-on, a few happy little trees and it's quite the improvement. It's a shame because there's so much wasted potential in that base.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #136
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
It's a shame because there's so much wasted potential in that base.
Exactly. As it is now, it's a blank canvas.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #137
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Great post. I was wondering what could be added at a minimum while getting the maximum out of the addition and you're spot-on, a few happy little trees and it's quite the improvement. It's a shame because there's so much wasted potential in that base.
Unfortunately, it may be too late for that. Apparently, these final approval authorizations are really difficult to change/alter after the fact. Depending of course on the company who owns the franchise. In this case it happens to be Warner Brothers.

It could also be the case where WB wouldn't sign off on anything outside of a plain base. Unfortunately, because of the confidentiality clauses built into these agreements we will never know.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #138
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
It could also be the case where WB wouldn't sign off on anything outside of a plain base. Unfortunately, because of the confidentiality clauses built into these agreements we will never know.
I can see them not allowing Hogarth, or wanting more money to add him, but not allowing something as simple as a car or power lines makes no sense.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #139
COI

Pretty sure that by the time pre-orders go up, the statue is already in production.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #140
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

I just got finished watching Sideshow Live while here at work and brought up the scale issue. I received a response from Sideshow that the switch in the back is what was added to show scale. Disappointing answer but I definitely appreciate that at least now I know that Sideshow didn't ignore the scale question that was brought up at SDCC.