Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #501
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
wanting to own something, knowing others who want cannot have. The use of the word shady doesn't apply.
Everybody who want one can order one
There is a cut-off date. The max ES is 999.
ES for Mystique is 500. I think the 500 are already rounded up. And now XM just increases it.
Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:21 PM   #502
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
In that case, just make it open ES and continue to sell it whenever people want one. There will always people that want one tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year. The point is these statues are supposed to be a collectible (And we are paying a premium price). It's not our fault if XM didn't take everything into consideration before setting the ES. Why should the people that POed the statue (Before the cut-off date) be punished for it?
I doubt you are new to this hobby.

You really think a factory would produce 2-3 statues in an year, because people want it later? No factory will do this or you pay MUCH more than for an statue from ES 350.
GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #503
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Sorry, but that's a 10% increase in ES. They stated the maximum ES is 999, which doesn't mean they can continue to increase the ES (After the cut-off date) whenever they feel like it as long as it's below 999. This is just shady!

In that case, just make it open ES and continue to sell it whenever people want one. There will always people that want one tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year. The point is these statues are supposed to be a collectible (And we are paying a premium price). It's not our fault if XM didn't take everything into consideration before setting the ES. Why should the people that POed the statue (Before the cut-off date) be punished for it?

So you didn't pre-order it until you saw the Edition Size? The ES was the deciding factor for you? If so then you have a fair gripe....

If that's not the case and you pre-ordered before the ES was announced then as long as XM doesn't go past the 999 you don't have argument IMO. You basically pre-ordered it knowing that it could be as high as 999 and since you pre-ordered it you were fine with the possibility of the ES being 999, otherwise you wouldn't of pre-ordered it.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #504
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Agree, who cares if it´s 300 or 350. Still very low and it´s not like from 3000 to 3500.
+1 agreed, don't care about it at all...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #505
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
So you didn't pre-order it until you saw the Edition Size? The ES was the deciding factor for you? If so then you have a fair gripe....

If that's not the case and you pre-ordered before the ES was announced then as long as XM doesn't go past the 999 you don't have argument IMO. You basically pre-ordered it knowing that it could be as high as 999 and since you pre-ordered it you were fine with the possibility of the ES being 999, otherwise you wouldn't of pre-ordered it.
Yes, I preordered it knowing the ES can be 999. I have no problem with that. The problem I have right now is XM sets the ES and then a few weeks or months, they decided to increase it.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:52 PM   #506
built2shred
Phoenix

Maybe they put out the wrong edition size to begin with... ((shrug))

It could also be they needed a min. Edition Size to justify the cost of the statue...

who knows, maybe XM on their facebook will explain the change..
Old 06-04-2019, 04:59 PM   #507
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

No No No.

As someone who ordered in November, I am not happy about this.

MTO dates are Nov-Feb 1st.

All of Feb, Mar, Apr and most of May no edition size was announced a full 3 and a half months after the MTO had closed. It was announced that 500 were to be made. That makes some people go "oh crap this will be another Storm, am I going to miss out or have to pay 2k?"

Some of the distributors tell them,hey I can sell more of these, can we bump the order? That's what they did.

I can say that as a person who purchased this, I have ever right to be happy that not many were made, that it would be sought after, and that many people would not be able to get it. Now you tell me after I got the order number 3 and a half months late, too bad. I guess so, but in a apparently struggling statue market, it is one more factor to remember when paying high prices for something that will be worth not much rather soon.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:50 PM   #508
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
No No No.

As someone who ordered in November, I am not happy about this.

MTO dates are Nov-Feb 1st.

All of Feb, Mar, Apr and most of May no edition size was announced a full 3 and a half months after the MTO had closed. It was announced that 500 were to be made. That makes some people go "oh crap this will be another Storm, am I going to miss out or have to pay 2k?"

Some of the distributors tell them,hey I can sell more of these, can we bump the order? That's what they did.

I can say that as a person who purchased this, I have ever right to be happy that not many were made, that it would be sought after, and that many people would not be able to get it. Now you tell me after I got the order number 3 and a half months late, too bad. I guess so, but in a apparently struggling statue market, it is one more factor to remember when paying high prices for something that will be worth not much rather soon.
I ordered in November as well and you can still order Mystique now from that particular store lol. So much for order windows. I guess it has its pros though if you missed out on something.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:22 PM   #509
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I ordered in November as well and you can still order Mystique now from that particular store lol. So much for order windows. I guess it has its pros though if you missed out on something.
during the order window stores will order more then what they get from pre-orders... for example spec-fiction might get 30 pre-orders from customers for Mystique but order 50 of them so he has 20 extras to sell.. that's why some stores are still selling them..
Old 06-05-2019, 01:39 AM   #510
DCollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Usually I don't comment to these, but I will XM put out an article about their whole MTO philosophy back in Sept 2018.

It clearly states: "MTO allows XM to make just enough products based on orders, not based on assumption of ES. This way, we can get a more accurate gauge of demand, and avoid producing excess stocks. MTO helps to rebalance the equation. We produce only what is consumed. In our MTO process, XM website opens orders for a period of time (typically 2 weeks), after which we close and have a number. Distributors have up to additional 2 weeks to take their orders. We add these numbers to orders taken at conventions, giving us the final ES that’s based on ACTUAL orders."

Anyway, XM has done nothing wrong and people just get upset to get upset. As long as they stayed under ES999, they are within their rights and their word.

As built2shred mentioned earlier, this increase it probably due to conventions.

In the end, who cares. Anybody that ordered will get one and XM has not violated their own MTO process in my opinion.

I would care less that the WW I ordered went from ES 800 to 850.
DCollector is offline   Reply With Quote