Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-17-2021, 07:12 PM   #1
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

NFT comics

I'm just now learning about these...saw someone trying to sell tangible keys to buy NFT copies. Seems like profit chasing to me since digital and collected copies are out there already, but some are buying in. In any case...thoughts on NFT comics? Anyone jumping in?

Fun fact...Marvel dropped some NFT statues recently...which I guess would basically be collectible renders.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:47 PM   #2
Philintheblank

I'm all for lively convo, but you guys are pushing it.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:28 AM   #3
Demona
Martian Manhunter

To be honest, I can't wrap my head around NFT thing. Currency I understand the interest, desire, and depending on what its used for - need. However I don't get art, music, or books. I like art to be able to be seen by others and I like study it and touch it (depending on what it is). Maybe it's because I'm a tactile person who likes texture, brush strokes, variations in the material (e.g., pottery and ceramics). Digital art has never enticed me to own it. The only reason to jump on a NFT comic or comic art is to flip it. Straight profits is the only reason I can see to get in on this game.

I'm not even that old, but I feel old when I talk about topics like NFT. I just hope when I retire that cash is still king.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:38 PM   #4
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

To be honest, I can't wrap my head around NFT thing. Currency I understand the interest, desire, and depending on what its used for - need. However I don't get art, music, or books. I like art to be able to be seen by others and I like study it and touch it (depending on what it is). Maybe it's because I'm a tactile person who likes texture, brush strokes, variations in the material (e.g., pottery and ceramics). Digital art has never enticed me to own it. The only reason to jump on a NFT comic or comic art is to flip it. Straight profits is the only reason I can see to get in on this game.

I'm not even that old, but I feel old when I talk about topics like NFT. I just hope when I retire that cash is still king.
I hear you...I'm not that old either, but this digital age stuff makes me feel like it. I agree...seems to be propped up by speculation. There's a use for digital copies and making them limited adds a little fun to it, but I just don't see them commanding serious money as collectibles. That said...might be worth hopping into for the speculation. I'm not selling key books to do it, though.