Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2019, 03:04 PM   #1341
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If Atheris KNEW and believed he would be getting a copy of the prototype he'd still be paying the premium to get this thing because he would know it would retain it's personal AND financial value and that is a balance we all strive for whether we realize it or not.

QUALITY MATTERS.
That's exactly how I feel about collecting in general. Still no idea what to do with this one though. It's the most difficult decision I've faced in this hobby. Yesterday I was totally out, now I feel I want it again lol.
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:17 PM   #1342
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
It's not about economic market value or what someone can and will pay in the moment, which everyone is well aware.
Nor is it the same as a used/new car or other appliance analogy where there are factors other than appearance.

"Value" starts with a production company meeting or exceeding their own expectations they have set for themselves.

If the ninjas looked like the pictures nobody would be parting with their Scorpions, especially at less than they paid, period.
Quote:
If Goro looks like he's been promised people won't let it go regardless of changing tastes, lack of space, or collection direction.

Anything else and he'll quickly be on the bargain bin. ECC has licenses in Goro's range and double the Ninjas from licenses with an even less dedicated fanbase and you don't see their stuff going on discount.
If Atheris KNEW and believed he would be getting a copy of the prototype he'd still be paying the premium to get this thing because he would know it would retain it's personal AND financial value and that is a balance we all strive for whether we realize it or not.

QUALITY MATTERS.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:19 PM   #1343
Vader
Ghost

PCS has been good with quality. It's just delays.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #1344
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Exactly facts are facts and I had someone recently offer me $900 for Scorpion. Its the approach you take in how you sell something and Ebay is not the only way to sell these as well as once Sideshow sells that Shao he will be worth more then retail... Keep believing your opinion and I know not one statue of mine has ever went for under retail..

Maybe, if you understand sales tactics you can sell it better rather then putting it on ebay and praying for it to sell... A lot of collectors dont like buying through ebay and I know many collectors in the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area that will pay me higher prices for these pieces. Just like when someone on Ebay pays a higher price when sometimes they dont even realize the website still has stock available for cheaper.

Its all how you present the item and word yourself during a sale that can help sell a piece and clearly you would definitely get low balled and sell it for less since you cant understand how to even be a good seller... A great seller can sell a box of bricks without you even opening to check to see it is bricks. Not that I would ever do that, but the way you present something and knowing key selling points will help sell it for more.

Just because the Methods you see of selling this through an ebay seller not being able to push it or Sideshow dumping it for a lower price just to get the old stock out
Doesnt mean down the road when there are none being sold at retail and another MK fan rises up learning of the Shao Kahn 1/4 masterpiece I can gurantee it will sell for more.

Also, Sideshow just tossed these on their site after the whole PCS transition dabacle and many collectors online know about this unpleasant time. Not everyone offline is haunted by all the issues the productions ran into as well as people trashing a piece even when it looks great. The people offline are unbiased to that situatuon and are the customers that will pay higher then retail.

Not eveything appreciates right away and if you understand that the internet is not the only way to sell something then maybe you will realize it is possible to get more..

Many times I see a customers pay a higher price for an item on ebay when the item is still available through the retailer at regular price.

Haven't you heard a collectible is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Well, if you understand how to sell then you can discover that some wealthy people out there will buy it higher for the convenience of not having to spend time shopping around for it cheaper. They might not want to put the effort to even check a site like Sideshow even though its much cheaper there...

There are so many different kinds of customers psychologically that if you cant sell these for higher then retail then you are just not a good seller.. It can sit on a site like Sideshow because even though many in the collecting world know of Sideshow not eveyone is aware of them nor want to buy art online...

I know many people that rather get it from someone like me that is like a personal treasure hunter for them that pays me a fee or an art dealer locally and pays more for the convenience . Art is not cheap and when you have wealth I see many times when they want it, they just want it and money is not a barrier for them. So, paying the extra few hundred more is nothing to them...

Miami every year has Art Basel and you would cry when you see some art sell for 100k when it looks like my 9 year old niece made it... If art that looks like kiddies made it sells for 100k; are you kidding me you think you cant sell a $644 1/3 ninja for more?

You can schedule a time with me if you like me to teach you how to sell better.

By the way all the sales jobs I ever had I am always in the top selling brackets, sales employee of the month numerous times and learning the psycology of selling really works! When you learn how to read your potential buyer then you will know the right words to say to get them excited to buy it and it will definitely be higher then retail.

Timing plays a big factor on the aftermarket cost and since there are so many people in the world that when new collectors arise they also look to track down old pieces.

I had many friends starting out and when they see a 1/3 like the Ninjas in person they are not judging it by the negative nancies that talked drastically down about it when they are actually stellar pieces.. Like people here being so negative about the clothes when I can definitely say out the box the clothes is very good... I also at first judged and complained from seeing some bad photos, but once I had them in hand I was blown away on how amazing they turned out.

When someone is here with me observing the Ninjas in person then they can see the truth and not believe those nit picky negative collectors that expect the clothes to be Louis Vuitton. They see it in person and with the rare low ES they are definitely offering more then retail. If you have someone in person it is much easier to sell, especially when the Ninjas came out amazing!

Biggunz, I have a feeling you own none of these 1/3’s or do you have any of these statues? Everyone that has seen my 1/4 Shao in person loves him and I already had an offer for $675 for him which by the way is higher then the retail price.

I dont know where you are in the World, but in my area I have people willing to pay right now higher then retail for my Ninjas, but them next to the Lady Ninjas along with Goro coming just looks too good to sell. They have a great presence and are all worth higher then retail.

Dont let people here fool you into selling your statues below retail!

Also owning these pieces and seeing what I got as 1/3 for $644 is totally Worth it and in person the statue looks like its worth a lot more then that $644 by far. Many have seen mine in person and I have someone begging me to sell Scorpion to them for $900, but I dont want to get rid of him. They want to buy it local and they are a Huge MK fan.

Remember, its all who you know!

I am super excited for this and he will come out amazing.. So you know I own all the PCS nonhuman statues and they come out great. The QC on first Goro was great and I feel this will be great as well. My Kintaro also came out stunning. I have a good feeling this Goro will be an MK grail and all you missing out, cancelling, thinking they will get it cheaper down the line, good luck with that. Im sure this will not go for cheaper down the line.

Some people thought that with Darkness too and cancelled. Darkness is a Grail and he came out perfect. All that cancelled Darknesss you are missing out on an epic statue. You dont even need to see the Legend movie, like it or not and still can appreciate the stunning Darkness masterpiece! One of my favorite statues and I own about 80 statues. I am currently selling some locally and of course they are paying me higher then retail.

Chris, I would never sell this to you cheaper. By the way they only made 150 of them and when you see how epic it is dont worry you can have mine For 5k. That is the special discount price 3 years from now!
You can’t guarantee nothing. Those ninjas suck.

Why would anyone pay $900 for junk when they can have this kind of quality for $900.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7852300F-577C-4C9E-A5A6-CCBFC60C4F20.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	120033   Click image for larger version

Name:	D42320EC-6948-41BD-8DA6-BBAFDC048606.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	120034  
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #1345
Redsaleen
Justice League

You can’t compare, one is mixed media. And I’ll put the 450 dollar zangief against that venom.
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:54 PM   #1346
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeongaiden666 View Post
Lol all that effort to write this wall of text that nobody will bother reading. No, you are pretty much stuck with those statues and simply will barely make retail price back. So those guys that want to buy the ninjas at $900 are probably stupid or dont even exist. $900 for both ninjas? Yeah that sounds reasonable.

Sorry to let you know, you wont be making any profit off of these statues.

Sorry to let you know, you know nothing about selling and yes $900 for one, not both... I can bet you a 25 year collection that you are wrong and will all sell higher then retail in the future. The Ninjas are superb! Im sure you dont even own them... In person all I get is praise on them and they are stunning...

Like I said the ones that complained about their clothes either dont own them, never saw it in person or a collector that expects there statues to be wearing Louis Vuitton Clothing for The Gap pricing..

I can see you dont know any psychology when it comes to selling and when you understand sales you can sell a box of bricks to them witout opening it up!

That is a true saying as well and if you understood the human psyche then you would know that all kinds of buyers exist and guess what; when you have your buyer very excited and happy they paid for it with the price you are asking they will appreciate it even when they paid higher then anywhere else..

You obviously don’t understand how to get someone excited for a piece they love when they have seen it in person and I can sell these all day for $900 in my area where I am connected to a lot of collectors.. I had 2 friends already buy Scorpion on the after market and guess what they both paid higher then retail for them..

Stay in your naieve ways because when you understand the strategies of selling and the different types of buyers then you can sell anything if you are good!

The negativity that people spread here on The internet about the Ninjas does not correlate to the collectors that dont believe every critic online and when they see it in person is when they can really decide.

Im sure you dont even own the statue and obviously since you cant focus on reading my long comment Im sure you missed key points why these will all sell higher then retail down the line!! All these 1/3 will hold value in the future and I can definitely say each one in person is amazing!

Keep in mind MK 11 was just announced, up an coming new collectors coming on the market and many wont be burned on the stigma that these are bad or had to wait the many years for them to be produced and those newcomers will also be potential buyers for these on the aftermarket. They will go up in value and its all about being patient.. After the PCS transition smooths out I gurantee you will see prices go back up and they are producing differently now to be more efficient with ES and demand for a piece.

A lot of the loyal collectors got burnt out from the long waits but the newcomers buyers ng the starues already retired they will be looking for a Scorpion orone of their favorite characters and these 1/3 are great repeaentsitons to he MK characters. Im not worries bec I love mine and am not selling when I do have someone begging me to sell it to them locally.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:01 PM   #1347
qz33
Doctor Doom

"One can fool some men, or fool all men in some places and times, but one cannot fool all men in all places and ages."
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #1348
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Sorry to let you know, you know nothing about selling and yes $900 for one, not both... I can bet you a 25 year collection that you are wrong and will all sell higher then retail in the future. The Ninjas are superb! Im sure you dont even own them... In person all I get is praise on them and they are stunning...

Like I said the ones that complained about their clothes either dont own them, never saw it in person or a collector that expects there statues to be wearing Louis Vuitton Clothing for The Gap pricing..

I can see you dont know any psychology when it comes to selling and when you understand sales you can sell a box of bricks to them witout opening it up!

That is a true saying as well and if you understood the human psyche then you would know that all kinds of buyers exist and guess what; when you have your buyer very excited and happy they paid for it with the price you are asking they will appreciate it even when they paid higher then anywhere else..

You obviously don’t understand how to get someone excited for a piece they love when they have seen it in person and I can sell these all day for $900 in my area where I am connected to a lot of collectors.. I had 2 friends already buy Scorpion on the after market and guess what they both paid higher then retail for them..

Stay in your naieve ways because when you understand the strategies of selling and the different types of buyers then you can sell anything if you are good!

The negativity that people spread here on The internet about the Ninjas does not correlate to the collectors that dont believe every critic online and when they see it in person is when they can really decide.

Im sure you dont even own the statue and obviously since you cant focus on reading my long comment Im sure you missed key points why these will all sell higher then retail down the line!! All these 1/3 will hold value in the future and I can definitely say each one in person is amazing!

Keep in mind MK 11 was just announced, up an coming new collectors coming on the market and many wont be burned on the stigma that these are bad or had to wait the many years for them to be produced and those newcomers will also be potential buyers for these on the aftermarket. They will go up in value and its all about being patient.. After the PCS transition smooths out I gurantee you will see prices go back up and they are producing differently now to be more efficient with ES and demand for a piece.

A lot of the loyal collectors got burnt out from the long waits but the newcomers buyers ng the starues already retired they will be looking for a Scorpion orone of their favorite characters and these 1/3 are great repeaentsitons to he MK characters. Im not worries bec I love mine and am not selling when I do have someone begging me to sell it to them locally.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:30 PM   #1349
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsaleen View Post
You can’t compare, one is mixed media. And I’ll put the 450 dollar zangief against that venom.
Have both, all 3 of the Zangief's and none of them hold a candle to the Venom piece...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:50 AM   #1350
dao2
Cyclops

I like Zangief better :P But I like zangief more than venom in general ^^
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote