Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #31
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thanks Alex for the answer, but sorry if I ask again, a detail:

-You didn't mention about the final material that will be used for Doom. I know that materials sometimes get changed once the proto hits the factories, but I think that is quite important to let people know ahead of time if the piece will be made of solid polystone or plastic. It's a $2000 piece and what happened with the droids PF was weird and quite shady.

-Can you confirm that the recent price hikes are due to the raise of chinese factories costs?
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #32
dr.banner
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Alex is Fury of the Beast Diorama still shipping in November? Thanks
dr.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #33
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Thanks Alex for the answer, but sorry if I ask again, a detail:

-You didn't mention about the final material that will be used for Doom. I know that materials sometimes get changed once the proto hits the factories, but I think that is quite important to let people know ahead of time if the piece will be made of solid polystone or plastic. It's a $2000 piece and what happened with the droids PF was weird and quite shady.

-Can you confirm that the recent price hikes are due to the raise of chinese factories costs?
The final material used for Doom will be what other LSFs have been made out of to date (polystone, fabric (if it has a fabric element) and such). LSF's would never end up being made of solid polystone as that would give them such weight it would be quite an expense to incur on customers.

Use of ABS for certain pieces will result in better representation of characters/parts on a character from time to time in order to ensure features built in (like light-up functions for example) and details are representing the character well. Given the details that exist for C-3PO and R2-D2, we wanted to ensure those were captured and we believe the materials used accomplished that goal.

I have no information to share in regards to the pricing of items as I am not privy to costs for production of products. That said, as a consumer myself of many different products (such as collectibles) I've noticed the rising cost of items for years now. The 6 inch LOTR item I bought back in 2002 for $8 or so would now be $12 to $15 based on current prices for figures in the same scale. Gas for my car when I was 18 was around $1.95/$2 a gallon, now the average is $3.40/$3.50 a gallon. So my guesstimation is that globally prices have risen across the board from the food we eat to the fun things we buy and will continue to do so for (most likely) a wide range of reasons (laborers getting better pay for example and such).
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #34
JRodri2540
The Avengers

SSC did an amazing job on the Raynor 1/6!! Will we see the Tychus Findlay 1/6 figure, from StarCraft 2, before year end? Thanks
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #35
MorgulMike
U talkin' to me?

Hi Alex!

So far, SS has done bang-up jobs of the Green Goblin in PF, LSB and 1:1 Bust. Any discussion about producing a comiquette? Thanks!
MorgulMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #36
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, SSAlex.As prime 1 studios are amping up their transformers maquette line[megatron will soon be released, and both optimus prime and starscream are currently in the works], I just wanted to ask, is sideshow collectables planning on making any more transformers maquettes?[Personally, I think sideshow's optimus prime maquette is their best work so far[that is, until the alien queen hive with the eggs is released....]Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #37
SONICobra
Bane

outstanding! thanks so much for making this a sticky and taking the time to go through our questions. it really improves the collecting experience imo

so just a couple quick questions:
- in regards to the gladiator hulk, do you know how the shield is attached to the rest of the sculpt and what is left when it is removed? igo has said in the past "part of a hand" but do you know how much and will there be another mount hole in the upper arm or just the hand?
- also with gladiator hulk do you know if the helmet will be permanently attached to the head sculpt or will it be shipped separated?

one last question, its probably a no but I have to take a shot in the dark - without being specific have you heard any rumblings of any batman villain or x-men villain pf's in the works for the remainder of this year or 2014?

thanks again!
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #38
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Thnx for your answer. Good to know the LSB marvel project isn't scrapped. Good luck with the tidlewave of questions here
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #39
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

May I ask is the Black Ops Venom on Sideshow's radar? Are we going to see a Comiquette of him any time soon?

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #40
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Now that all 5 Star Wars Mythos Statues has been shipped out.. do you know when and what character are expected to see the light of day ? Will this be again a preview of a whole batch or one by one reveal ??

Thanks again Alex for taking your time !! Hope this thread wont get abused
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote