Old 02-18-2017, 02:22 AM   #11
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Now get to work on the rest of the body
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:05 AM   #12
Hunter22
Frackin!

I love the fantastic detail on this bust. The mold is wonderful. Is it just me or does the paint seem a bit off still (Maybe it is the lighting or contrast? My explanation below.

Above is a picture of the JP1 Female animatronic. This is the restored skin however and not the original.

This picture is of the original skin layer done for 1993 during the filming of the movie.

And here is an alternative maquette of the JP1 female Rex. This was not used in the filming and the sculpt was later changed for the screen used T-Rex animatronic.

I'm not complaining about the fantastic paint application, rather I just want some clarification of what reference pics were used as I feel the paint is a bit off. Hopefully this is taken as a constructive point and not an insult/unfounded fan complaint as that is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.
Hunter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:16 AM   #13
Amanasaur
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Looks pretty darn close to the original animatronic skin to me!
Amanasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #14
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Looks amazing, but i do think that the dark brown used for details and scales should be less in contrast with the base colour, for a softer and more accurate look.
Great job anyway, she's gonna be mine.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #15
pacino
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Love it... easy order
pacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:55 PM   #16
clutch
Sailor Moon

I'm guessing Steve knocked it out in a weekend. Factory will not be able to match the fine details so people are gonna complain no matter what.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:00 PM   #17
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Lol this is painted years after the original paint jobs and will never be exact, close yes but not exact. I'm sure these same references where used if not others not available to the general public. If I was to guess I don't think they just made it up and referenced some Google screenshots lol
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #18
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

I think it looks perfect. I see it and I see rexy there. love the contrast on it. now is up to toynami to match it.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:10 PM   #19
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

congrats to all who are going to get this, i truly and sincerely hope it's exactly the T-Rex you were hoping for. The paint job is nice, very well done.

As someone who face-to-face asked Paul to make this piece @ Chronicle's HQ, much to my dismay i won't be purchasing this. It's not a money issue as i have the funds ready to go and i've been waiting and preparing for this piece for years. These days with all the amazing companies out there putting out outrageous pieces month after month, i think it's foolish for me to settle on a piece i'm not entirely happy with.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #20
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
congrats to all who are going to get this, i truly and sincerely hope it's exactly the T-Rex you were hoping for. The paint job is nice, very well done.

As someone who face-to-face asked Paul to make this piece @ Chronicle's HQ, much to my dismay i won't be purchasing this. It's not a money issue as i have the funds ready to go and i've been waiting and preparing for this piece for years. These days with all the amazing companies out there putting out outrageous pieces month after month, i think it's foolish for me to settle on a piece i'm not entirely happy with.
Ain't it funny, your open mouth preference for this bust, is the same reason I didn't purchase the Raptor bust, for I preferred the closed mouth on the Lost World Raptor, and would have rathered the JP Raptor bust adopt the same closed mouth pose. Suffice to say, I am very disappointed about that.

With these busts, I just prefer closed mouth snarling type expressions, as it fits the medium better in my opinion. I just associate open mouth busts a little tacky.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote