Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-09-2018, 06:39 PM   #81
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Since the price went up, I think I'm the only one on this thread who's stated that I'm preordering this for sure.

Damn, I was worried that this would be more in demand and I would be forced to buy from Sideshow rather than my preferred local option.

But I guess MCU pieces have never really been all that popular except for maybe Iron Man.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:09 PM   #82
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I was going to order this and their Hulk but passing now due to the price...

I'm sure Hulk will be even more...

GL to everyone getting him
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #83
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Not to be argumentative or anything, but I'm of the opinion that many here had unrealistic expectations on what this would be priced at.

I mean the 1/4 MCU Falcon and Mark 46 were both I believe priced at $800 USD on Sideshows website. This pretty much created a ceiling at which Thanos was going to be priced at, because there was no way in hell that they were going to charge less than that.

And being that this is a bigger piece and I believe a more 'wanted' piece, odds were that it was going to be priced more...unfortunately.

So while $999.99 USD is on the relatively high side, no way should it be totally unexpected or surprising.

But maybe I'm biased as I really, really want that MCU Thanos, and I was certainly aware of their pricing after buying the bulk of their large scale MCU statues.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:16 AM   #84
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The more I look at this, the less I like it. I was in love upon first reveal but the honeymoon phase is over and I’ve really noticed some things about this that are not too great.

The base looks pretty bad. I don’t know if it’s lighting or what, but it looks pretty cheap almost. Paint is not too good. Thanos himself is also not very shaded either. It’s more or less one shade of pink throughout. There is some subtle shading but I think it could have been better. Also think the shield on the base is a weird add-on and very unnecessary, but on the flipside it is removable to can’t complain.

I think the sculpt on this is great. This is the same guy who did Doc Oc for XM, and I have that on PO. The sculpt is killer. But most of my issues lie in the paint department. I may still get this but I’ll have to think on it some more.
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:43 AM   #85
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I think the paint looks good on both the skin and clothing. But given that this is only the prototype I'm not totally sure it matters one way or the other.

But regarding the base, I guess it's sufficient, but honestly it could've been better. But than again it could've also been worse i.e. the Civil War bases. Now those were bland and basic.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:11 AM   #86
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Found on YouTube:- From Iron Studios

https://youtu.be/Z_lopMoWbA0
Old 08-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #87
Y3E
Gen 13

I like this piece but agree with some of the comments about the base being blah and there is something about the grimacing coh that bothers me, like it is out of place with the pose. Looks more like he is having a hard time with his bowel movement.

Still, may consider this.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #88
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I like this piece but agree with some of the comments about the base being blah and there is something about the grimacing coh that bothers me, like it is out of place with the pose. Looks more like he is having a hard time with his bowel movement.

Still, may consider this.
lol so true...

i think the teeth look nice but yeah i dont care too much for that portrait, the calm one looks fantastic though
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #89
Y3E
Gen 13

It does and looks exactly like the movie version. IS should have included a coh with the helmet.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:22 PM   #90
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Did anyone else see they updated the height on the product description to 24.5”? That seems way too small for a 1/4 Thanos...
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote