Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

View Poll Results: Which C3PO is better?
Attakus (right) 14 35.90%
Gentle Giant (left) 24 61.54%
Don't know... 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #21
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
And that proves what?
just pointing out thats there are no "flaws"

i assume you have seen this video of this no name artist pooping out the vader statue. http://bitmap.attakus.fr/making/window.wmv

wanna talk about flaws? this statue is this artist interpretation made from eyeballing a lot of pictures. lets just say shes no computer nor Michelangelo
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:40 AM   #22
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Yup, there is flaws on the GG statue like I said before. And I don't like the idea of "mixing" all Vaders in just one piece. Maybe as a "compromisse" for someone that will own just one Vader statue, or can't Afford Attakus. Do you own the Attakus piece? I always tought they were kind of overated, until I got one and saw with my own eyes how beautifull and well made those are.
I think there's a reason Attakus Vader's are sold for good money and in the priority list of many SW collectors. One is quality, the other one is lifeness. Sorry, but I don't see GG SW statues toping, or getting any close in quality to Attakus SW statues right now. Maybe if they drop the edition size, or choose a better material, then who knows.
I'm getting the GG vader from Drod, not cause I like it more or less, but cause I collect Vader statues. I'm also getting the SS Vader(wich IMO, also looks better the GG's Vader).
But hey, If you like GG better, then good for you! That's all that matters. They all are(will be) fine pieces and those VS threads just shows that people have diferent opinions. In the end, we end up with more Vaders to choose, wich is great!
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:58 PM   #23
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Looking at that pic the Attakus looks superior. But then again its much bigger.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:24 PM   #24
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

Quote:
the attakus statues are some artist's hack job. gentle gian's is an exact laser scan thus a far superior likeness which is what i want to collect. being an artist myself it is hard to collect something that is not true to the orginal and is someones eles interpretation when it comes to recreating lucas's master vision. I want it as close to the real thing as possible
I couldn't have said it better myself. saying that attakuss' sculpts are better than GGs is like saying having a fiero converted into a ferrari is better than having an actual ferrari . If I have the choice I will pick the piece that is scanned from the original props everytime apposed to having someones interpretation of a charachter. And yes the GG c-3po is ten times the attakus version is . The attakus version looks like a 14" hasbro toy.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:33 PM   #25
SirConor
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I have a problem with Attakus ever since I saw some of their (HORRIBLE) Marvel sculpts. Man those things just looked so cheap and cartoonish to me... hated all of them. Their star wars may be a vast improvement, but I'll never get any. Taste aversion we'll call it
SirConor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:35 PM   #26
OneOne78
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Although I have not seen any of these in person at first glance I prefer Attakus over GG which is a surprise for me because next to Bowen GG is best (JMHO)
OneOne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:06 PM   #27
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-man
I couldn't have said it better myself. saying that attakuss' sculpts are better than GGs is like saying having a fiero converted into a ferrari is better than having an actual ferrari . If I have the choice I will pick the piece that is scanned from the original props everytime apposed to having someones interpretation of a charachter. And yes the GG c-3po is ten times the attakus version is . The attakus version looks like a 14" hasbro toy.
If the Ferrari it's all made of cheaper material, possible paint flaws and made to look like all Ferraris editions together in just one car(and lacks the Ferrari quality) then I would get the suposely better constructed Fiero anyday.

Seriously.....every single SW Attakus piece I saw were meticulously sculpted, full of fine details and superb painting. Doesn't matter if it's numbered 10/1500 or 1480/1500. There's also less statues beeing made, with makes their value and final quality better, IMO. Can't say the same about the SW pieces I saw from GG. Their proportions and details are not as good as Attakus. Just look at the miserable painted and TERRIBLE sculpted(computer or not) Chewbacca made by GG. I wouldn't want it in my SW collection, but then again, for each it's own.
Never saw any Attakus Marvel, so can't coment if they put the same effort as they do in the SW pieces or how good/bad they looks personally. I'm judging their SW stuff.

By the way, I've already saw a lot of artists sculptures beeing made by just looking at pictures and they came out fantastic. Saying an artist cannot compete with a computer, it's like understimating art and who does it. A talented artist can do many things, way better than a computer can.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:16 PM   #28
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

GG rules.

just to piss off Sniper
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:13 AM   #29
ump
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirConor
I have a problem with Attakus ever since I saw some of their (HORRIBLE) Marvel sculpts. Man those things just looked so cheap and cartoonish to me... hated all of them. Their star wars may be a vast improvement, but I'll never get any. Taste aversion we'll call it
yes,the attakus marvel's sculpts are look horrible,but it's totally different on star wars line,(except the luke polit and leia)all look great and perfect!!!i have the started to collect the star wars line began in 2003,now i got the :darth vader 2,jango,clonetrooper,chewbacca,han solo,obi wan,jawa,han carbonite,salacious crumb w/wo pipe,padme,yoda 1 and 2,R2D2,and darth maul.i'm really want to get the darth vader 1 and boba fett,but the price of these 2 items were rasied up alot in this year.....i'm also collect the GG line,i have the chewbacca w/c3po.,and take the pre order of the GG darth vader too.i have saw the c3po statue at the store,it's not bad and look shinny!but i'm still love the attakus version because thier pose is better and size is bigger.of course,the GG mini bust is the best line on the mini bust market,such as darth vader,yoda,boba fett,stormtrooper mini busts...etc.but it's seem not 100% perfect on the full body statues.....the problems of GG darth vader statue is it's look like some "unbalance",it's look perfect on the right side,but not too good on the left side(all the things /cape on the right side,)the left side look too" empty" and "unbalance".....and it's the "mixed" version of all movies....all we need are the exactly version from the one movie,that why attakus darth vader is the best version!
ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:47 AM   #30
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

Quote:
Just look at the miserable painted and TERRIBLE sculpted(computer or not) Chewbacca made by GG
I have , in fact I have it and it is by far the best chewbacca statue on the market .far and I mean FAR better than attakuses chewbacca.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote