Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #21
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Having second thoughts on this. After looking at more pics on the EFX website, I'm having trouble justifying 900.00 for this. Seems way over priced.
totally. specially with that weathering job on it. take a closer look at it Frobay. its sprayed on black paint. if thats the prototype. i would hate to see what the production pieces are going to look like.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #22
FROBAY
Phoenix

They r moving pretty quick, must resist
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #23
Gianco
X-Force

Legend and Limited ordered!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #24
FROBAY
Phoenix

Went with the white reg version. Ordered from BBTS. The weathering looked too bad for me to risk 900.00. I hope it does turn out well for everyone that ordered.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #25
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Trying to figure the edition sizes out, but it looks like if the full payment of the Legend has 150 pieces they have sold about 50 of those. The remaining 350 pieces of the Legend on pre-order deposit looks to sold about 10% or 35 if those bars are really accurate.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:50 AM   #26
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Smile

I will go for the regular Limited Edition LE helmet. I like my props accurate, but to a limit. I don't trust a worker in a Chinese factory can make an accurate weathering, which is also too heavy on the Legend prototype. As long as this being made from the same molds don't care if it is fiberglass.

I like the Scout blaster but as long it is a lump of resin (as all Scout blasters were) I'll easily pass on that - my favorite blaster is, and will always be, the Stormtrooper E-11 ANH blaster - and in that case nothing will beat the one I have maybe except a screen used one.

Though will be fun to see how other people who were only interested in fiberglass helmets before, will feel when getting a plastic (ABS) lid in their hands. I own a few ABS lids including a superb LoneWolf scout made the same way screen used were made: 2 ABS halves put together. Will make a comparison when LE Scout arrives
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:19 AM   #27
DynamicMenace

yeah they claim its made form the same molds used for the film. but where is their proof? you know its going be scrutinized and examined with a micro scope. i didn't see anything on their site that is convincing enough for me to think these derive from the same molds used for the film other than them stating that they are.. makes me feel like its the Vader legend all over again.

but i do hope for the ones picking it up that it is what they are claiming it is. so hopefully its legit. but i passed. the Vader fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth.
but if they did a snowtrooper stating it was made form the film's molds. then i might have to really consider that one..
Old 07-09-2014, 03:20 AM   #28
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
yeah they claim its made form the same molds used for the film. but where is their proof? you know its going be scrutinized and examined with a micro scope. i didn't see anything on their site that is convincing enough for me to think these derive from the same molds used for the film other than them stating that they are.. makes me feel like its the Vader legend all over again.

but i do hope for the ones picking it up that it is what they are claiming it is. so hopefully its legit. but i passed. the Vader fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth.
but if they did a snowtrooper stating it was made form the film's molds. then i might have to really consider that one..

I know what you mean. Unfortunately for too many making a simple research and even thinking for themselves seems to be quite hard. Many believe everything they are being told, just because it is official.

What I said above goes for the collecting community, but also for every day life...
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #29
ambasah
Red Skull

I decided to pass on this one entirely. I am saving my $$ for fett and maybe the new stormtrooper.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #30
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
I know what you mean. Unfortunately for too many making a simple research and even thinking for themselves seems to be quite hard. Many believe everything they are being told, just because it is official.

What I said above goes for the collecting community, but also for every day life...
yeah i hear ya.