Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Customs Corner

Old 08-04-2022, 09:57 PM   #1
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Custom (Bowen) Mauraders Busts - Whirlwind, Arclight, and Scalphunter

I'm doing a set of custom Maruaders busts for a patron. I've completed Arclight, Whirlwind, and Scalphunter/Greycrow so far.

Next will be Scrambler, Blockbuster, Vertigo, and Harpoon. I'm super stoked to post those later. They all look super bada$$ all together, if I do say so myself (which I normally don't, as I'm hyper self-critical. LOL.)

Arclight is a Battlestar Galactica Starbuck bust, that I sanded down, rebuilt, and added resin rocks over her base, that I casted up myself in Smooth-On resin from a silicone mold I made too (I'm expanding my skillsets for these!) I tried to make her armor as smooth and shiny as I could, with only acrylic paints. I wanted the base to evoke a feeling like she just did a ground pound and broke up all the rocks/ground/concrete around her. The patron wanted black hair, but I added the purple iridescent layer over that so it looked more like her purple hair too. It sparkles so nicely.

Scalphunter/Greycrow is a Conan bust (I don't know the maker of) I customized by printing out all the circuitry panels individually, then putting them on the bust one by one over a thin layer of Aves. His gun is also 3D printed (extensively edited pre-printing though, another thing I had to learn for this project), and then I attached it with a square brass peg system so it's removable, reversible, and won't shift or damage the base bust if you insert and remove it a lot (thank you Vince Vell for that life changing technique!) I added circuits to the gun too, so it looks like he made all of those with his power, like the his armor. I free hand sculpted the belt and pouches, and made the base he sits on. I did a dark wash then the silver over it on the circuitry, so that the little cracks and details really pop with the black against the silver.

Whirlwind is a Bowen Kazar bust, that I not entirely gently took a screwdriver and saw to, to get him off of the Zabu base. I 3D printed the new lower cone/tornado base. I used scrap jewelry wire and Aves Apoxie to make the wind texture and create the wind "tendrils" that are surrounding him. I also made him the flesh and bone shuriken weapon in his hand too (that is also removal with a square brass peg system, so it doesn't break.) The client wanted a white suit, and I added in the purple shading so it would evoke his dark purple costume from later appearances. I added silver highlights to his hair so that it would really pop with the white outfit.

Let me know what you guys thing, and thanks for taking a look!
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:22 AM   #2
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Sounds cool. I look forward to seeing pictures too.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:40 PM   #3
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Sounds cool. I look forward to seeing pictures too.
Thank you very much.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote