Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2023, 11:29 AM   #1
batfan1991
Doh!

Collectors Share You?re Buying Experiences

I want to post this to make my message very clear! Look at this program as Yelp for collectors.

Being part of this collecting community has been an absolute pleasure. I’ve met so many great friends and amazing people along the way and I want to try and continue to make a positive influence on this community. YouTube has given me a voice and I want to use that accessibility to give people a voice who may not have a channel to do so.

I have setup a program where I would like fellow collectors to share experiences they have had when buying collectibles. If you’re a collector who has had a good or bad customer service experience whether it be with retailer/distributor, share it here so we can discuss and help educate the community on these company’s business practices and help them improve. It’s important to share both the negative and positive buying experiences with the community so fellow collectors can make a more informed decision. All I ask is that all posts are truthful and respectful.

let’s keep this hobby fun and moving in a positive direction.

Always remeber to collect responsibly!
batfan1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 09:39 PM   #2
Moviefan2k4
Frackin!

I've only bought a handful of figures so far. A few months ago, I bought the smaller Back to the Future figures, of Doc, Biff, and the 2015 version of Marty. I found them all at my local Wal-Mart, for about $35 each.

Then, about two months ago, I stepped up a little bit on my new hobby, and bought The Crow figure, by Mezco. Overall, the figure and all the accessories look amazing...but there was a defective base included, which kept me from hooking up the clear supporting rod. Since the Entertainment Earth website didn't have any replacement parts, they offered me $25 instead, which I accepted.

Flash forward now, to just two days ago...and I've officially bit the bullet to buy my first Hot Toys figure. Being the huge Back to the Future fan that I am, I settled on Doc. The price was pretty steep ($346.31, including taxes and shipping), but hopefully it will be worth the investment.
Moviefan2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 09:55 PM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
I've only bought a handful of figures so far. A few months ago, I bought the smaller Back to the Future figures, of Doc, Biff, and the 2015 version of Marty. I found them all at my local Wal-Mart, for about $35 each.

Then, about two months ago, I stepped up a little bit on my new hobby, and bought The Crow figure, by Mezco. Overall, the figure and all the accessories look amazing...but there was a defective base included, which kept me from hooking up the clear supporting rod. Since the Entertainment Earth website didn't have any replacement parts, they offered me $25 instead, which I accepted.

Flash forward now, to just two days ago...and I've officially bit the bullet to buy my first Hot Toys figure. Being the huge Back to the Future fan that I am, I settled on Doc. The price was pretty steep ($346.31, including taxes and shipping), but hopefully it will be worth the investment.
Hot toys are very popular and in most cases the detail is awesome. I picked up the first Mary McFly for my Hot Toys purchase. I?ve got somewhere between 50-75 of them.
Old 07-10-2023, 01:08 PM   #4
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I have that same Marty and need to go get that Doc, and probably the Delorean while its still available. The nice thing with Hot Toys is they almost always hold their value and sell pretty quick if you ever need to part ways with a figure.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote