Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2023, 03:40 PM   #11
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I have a 646 100% positive feedback as a buyer and seller. There are tons of items in the multiple hundreds and a couple in the thousand range or more but apparently to this seller I waited for a $125 statue to come along to pull a scam on. LOL
You did it Jeremydmc! You pulled off the long con!
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 03:51 PM   #12
jeremydmc
Black Panther

And the messages just keep on coming!

"After speaking with eBay, we have reported the fraud. We have shared with eBay how the statue was made and how impossible it is to have any broken parts at all. We do not give refunds in custom art and we definitely do not give refunds to those trying to damage our art after it’s in your possession. It can easily be seen from your photos that the parts were removed by you and eBay also agrees as we use industrial construction adhesive that cannot be removed unless by hand."

I didn't realize I was buying a statue made out of Adamantium.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 03:57 PM   #13
Mister H
Gen 13

Go get ‘em. They’re just trying to scare you. eBay is buyer friendly.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 04:01 PM   #14
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Go get ?em. They?re just trying to scare you. eBay is buyer friendly.
I think he is trying to Jedi Mind Trick me on May The Fourth.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:29 PM   #15
SDguy

I'm super curious about his incredible packing job that couldn't possible result in breakage? I've become a bit of an expert in packing statues, so these stories always interest me
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 04:42 PM   #16
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
"The statue was not broken in shipping as it would be impossible for that to happen."
Quote:
"the shipping was fragile so it was delivered safely to you."
...makes sense

This one's a goofball...I think you're taking the right action in ignoring them...deal with ebay.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 04:55 PM   #17
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I just got off the phone with eBay. Their representative was extremely helpful and nice. He looked at all the messages I have been sent and told me he was even a little angry at how I was being treated after reading them all. He opened up a case for an eBay investigation.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:57 PM   #18
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
...makes sense

This one's a goofball...I think you're taking the right action in ignoring them...deal with ebay.
Yeah, we all know putting one small "fragile" sticker on a box means it will never be damaged.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:59 PM   #19
jeremydmc
Black Panther

And already getting more messages from the seller. Funny the eBay rep I talked to said there was no "fraud" cases showing in the system.

"As we had stated, there will be no refunds on custom art and there are no refunds when we can clearly see that “YOU” removed the parts and are now trying to say that they broke off in shipping. As we had stated that is impossible to happen as the statue was suspended in the center of a large box far larger than the statue and enough large sized bubble wrap so there was no space in the box. The type of glue that we use is for concrete as well as many other compatible material including plastic or resin. The statue was made over a year ago so the glue was defiantly dry lol as it dries in seconds. I spoke with an eBay rep and supervisor who kept notes on our discussion and eBay is an agreement with me that this was not broken in shipping as it would be impossible and that “You” removed the parts because you wanted to glue them back on and or had buyers remorse. Also to note, the legs are three pieces per leg so 6 parts in total, strange they did not break as well smh this is an attempt of fraud and there will be no return accepted. "

I still have to wait until May 11th before I can escalate any further to give the seller time to make a resolution. Even though with this message it is abundantly clear they are not going to do so.
Old 05-04-2023, 05:25 PM   #20
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
He looked at all the messages I have been sent and told me he was even a little angry at how I was being treated after reading them all. He opened up a case for an eBay investigation.
Yeah, I figured all those crazy messages he's been sending would be to his detriment and only further your case.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote