Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-14-2020, 06:19 AM   #51
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomizer View Post
The paint job is a combination of paint and water slides
Exactly this. We didn’t use decals. People don’t understand just how difficult this paint is to accomplish. And how expensive these paint jobs are with the factory. The factory is not a fan of mine because of how long it takes for each one. I could’ve saved tons of money and time with just a regular metallic paint job.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #52
rga321
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Exactly this. We didn’t use decals. People don’t understand just how difficult this paint is to accomplish. And how expensive these paint jobs are with the factory. The factory is not a fan of mine because of how long it takes for each one. I could’ve saved tons of money and time with just a regular metallic paint job.
Every picture I have seen so far, they look so good that my brain thinks its photoshop but I know it's not.

very unique and I am so happy all the Seekers are in Museum Scale with this amazing finish. Glad there is some paint in there as well.
rga321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:33 PM   #53
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
So its different than the smaller ones which seams to be decals to me? If that's what you mean then cool. I bought all 3 jets so looking forward to seeing them. Was very skeptical after the small Optimus I got as that seamed like decals and I figure the ink will fade if put into any sort of light and also start to peel eventually around the edges. I do get that an actual paint job of shading would be crazy expensive and put these out of most of our reach so we really appreciate what you are doing.
For me the shaded look was kind of cool but I would have preferred the metallic paint I think (at least on the small ones...if large ones are done differently (paint/decal/slides) then that waits to be seen....I see they left the factory so getting excited to see them). PCS has the better G1 look which is why I picked them. Other than just a couple from IA you guys did better molds and poses (though I wish the jets were a little different with legs/arms poses just to make them different next to each other). I also ordered Megatron and small Soundwave currently. ANT feel free to correct any misstatements here. Hoping to see some of these in next week or two and can't wait to see some new reveals from you guys.
I think IA did good with Optimus and maybe Rodimus and knocked it out of the park with Soundwave (think their Grimlock and Devy looks great as well but is way too expensive for us normal folk).
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:42 PM   #54
rga321
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I would SO be up for a special kickstarter for extra limbs for these , in the range of 150-200 with a few extras.. to set them apart a little more.

I'd buy two sets to get behind something so cool!!⚡

Edit: I probably should have put this in both Seeker threads
rga321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:47 PM   #55
off
The X-Men

What is a water slide?
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #56
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
What is a water slide?
they are similar to decals but after they are set there should be no hard edge like there is with a typical decal / sticker
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:37 AM   #57
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
they are similar to decals but after they are set there should be no hard edge like there is with a typical decal / sticker
Cool. Thanks!
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:05 PM   #58
red_ant
Producer
Producer

The Water slides we use are cured into the castings, painted using the layout out from the water slide, and then sealed again like all painted statues. Hope that helps.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:58 PM   #59
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
The Water slides we use are cured into the castings, painted using the layout out from the water slide, and then sealed again like all painted statues. Hope that helps.
I posted this in another location where you typed this also but since I had put my previous notes in this one....

interesting. Thanks for that clarification as I have been very concerned about these lasting (and fading) especially since it looks like inkjet printed stuff (done very well this isn't a knock on product). I was guessing ink not paint the way it looks and didn't realize they were sealed again. that should help a lot.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:33 AM   #60
extracomputer.1

Any updates on this guy? Since getting the 3 jets and realizing how awesome of a process this actually is was just looking to see about this one. Been kind of silent for awhile. Anyone who reads my earlier posts you can see I wasn't sold on this process after getting small prime. They really have it nailed down now though. small soundwave looks great on my shelf and the 3 jets are just amazing. Love them all. Can't wait for this guy....and hopefully some more combiners in same scale (bruticus, menasor, superion, and maybe even devy's nemesis omega supreme).