Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #21
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i received this email this morning from e2046 when i inquired about the kit last night asking the m who is the producer of the kit and why others were commenting on receiving a kit when it was on PO.
here is what they had to say. and its pretty vague.

"Hi,

Please note that FG8153 Raiden is come from our supplier. The comment you've seen is from members who purchase earlier and received the product in the previous batch. He is now under Pre-order status, which means he is not available now. And we have already sent out purchase for him and this batch is expected to be arrived at the end of this month.

Jacky W."

so who is their supplier? Mamegyorai?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #22
DynamicMenace

found this out on that link of Mamegyorai

Merchandise information
1/6 Scale PVC Statue Metal Gear Rising re VENGEANCE / Raiden
Price: 18,857 yen (tax inc.)
Summer 2014: release date
Sculpted by: HEADLONG / Shinya Akao
Planning, production and sale: Corporation Gecco
Planning / production and sales cooperation: beans, Inc. torpedo

so i did a little research and found out that these guys were the ones who made Silent hill statues. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_to...node=165793011

and it appears that Mamegyorai is a part or Gecco corp from one of those statues in that link.

so i just now emailed E20466 and asked if these companies are the ones who are supplying them.
will post what i find out.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #23
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

If Gecco are actually intending to distribute this, that is great, but i'm still worried that HEADLONG will distribute these GK's on GK festivals, which means that it's Japan only.

Gecco had a distributor for these Silent Hill statues, which was ToyMunkey. Unfortunately, ToyMunkey was a scam company so Gecco has issued a public e-mail stating that ToyMunkey will never be a distributor for them again. I hope this hasn't deterred them from international distributors.

I have tried being in contact with middle-men that purchase stuff for you in Japan, but I haven't gotten any responses from them.

I am considering creating an official thread regarding Japanese figures & Garage kits so we can create a collective community for this stuff here on StatueForum. It's absurd how much work you have to put in just to be able to potentially buy this Raiden figure, especially when the only 'easy' option is recasting. such nonsense.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #24
DynamicMenace

well we dont know if they are recasting it. they very well could be distributing it for Gecco or Bean Torpedo or whoever.

but i do find it odd that Gecco states ion that Mamegyorai link that it wouldn't be released until summer of 2014. so that make sme question. how in the hell did E2046 get their hands on it or whoever they deal with get theior hands on it if they have already sold some. and are planning on selling more reason for them being on PO. unless the kit was released early.

i sent them another email asking about all of this so im curious to see what they have to say. if i dont get a reply then i guess we know what the answer is don't we? lol
Old 01-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #25
logan25
Sculptor
Sculptor

I may be wrong but i believe some of these were available at the japanese wonder festival so i assume e2046 got hold of it there, a lot of the recasts they do are from pvc figures and such but then they are also a supplier of the said pvc figures so it all gets a bit confusing but i am pretty sure this one will be a recast.
logan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #26
DynamicMenace

aaahhh. thanks for the info Logan.

man i hope i can get my hands on an original from the original producer.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #27
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Definitely a challenging paint up.

I'll try and get one
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #28
actionjackson83
Midnighter

It's most likely a recast, but for their Gathering offerings they usually do a single run of like 80 pre-painted then stop it. They very rarely do second runs of completed kits.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #29
DynamicMenace

well ok. here is the reply i received this morning from E2046 when i asked about who the supplier or producer was.

"Hi,

We are regretted to inform you that we are not able to obtain more information as PF8153 Raiden (Pre-painted) is from the supplier.

Jacky W."

pretty vague and pretty clear that them selling these prior to them being released before the summer of 2014 is highly skeptical.
so i wont be supporting this company at all.

hopefully i cant get one form the original producer s of this kit/statue
Old 01-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #30
Silas Loki
Jubilee

I don't support recasting......but, yes, there's always a but.....bear with me

I won't buy a recast of anything from a company who is out there providing for a global supply. If its a limited run and I miss the boat, so be it, I would never entertain buying a recast of it......but here's the thing, these small run artists, who sell (sometimes pointedly) to a very limited market, well here I make an exception.

If there's no way for me to give them money and buy from them because they are unable / refuse to acknowledge a wider audience for their work...then I'll give the money to someone else who does. I don't even see this as theft, and here's a couple of reasons why:

1. I trust the original artist has done his/her homework, and by selling to a very restricted market they know they can make what they need to get by.

2. In many cases these artists are not giving anything back to the I.P. owner they have based their sculpt on. Do you think this guy is paying a license fee to the producers of Metal Gear Solid, or do you imagine Narin gives any money to the producers of Aliens / Predator? Of course not, those funds go 100% to the artist.

So in that sense who is the real thief? Me buying from a recaster, or the artist who stole the original concept?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote