Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-19-2007, 10:30 PM   #21
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpsta View Post
with me i was buying everthing, for example: the dc direct black and white statues my friends would say " you have to buy all of them, and get the whole set" what im saying is BUY WHAT YOU LOVE, AND DONT BUY JUST TO BUY. with my woman of the dc universe collection i passed up on other busts and just bought what i love to display. as of my bowen collection i have alot of full size statues, but if i have the full size i will not purchase the bust. anyway all my bowen stuff is locked in storage got no room. so be smart when collecting and dont overkill. by the way i did sell one piece and it was to sniper on the forum AND IM SO REGRETING IT!!!!!!!! LOL LOLOL. you know what it is sniper...... THE ORIGINAL MAGDALENA STATUE.
yeah that I got
moore to sign fof me when he was in NY
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:33 PM   #22
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hmmm I've never been sad because of my collection. I'm into this hobby to get rid of stress. I only buy what I want which is why my collection is like a smorgasbord now. A lot of lines that I will probably never be able to complete (and the fact that there are so many infinite variants isnt helping also) but I'm still happy. I never really buy just coz I need to complete a line or something but because my gut tells me too and I know that the statue/bust/replica/etc is gonna look real cool added into my stuff. The only problem I have with this hobby is the space it keeps eating. I need another showroom! (and another room for the boxes)

With that said, I've never sold any thing in my collection, ever. And I'm gonna try to keep it that way. I'm planning to give all my statues to my only son..I just hope he doesnt sell them. =)

Always keep in mind that this hobby is supposed to make you feel good and not a burden. Just my two cents. Take it easy guys!
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #23
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
Mitch,
This is a hobby, suposed to be fun and enjoyable, always remember that.
At the moment one starts to have problems with space, then it's time to make choices. Like was said, is not only cause money, but space. Sooner or later, everyone will have to face the same decision. In my case was easy. I'm keeping and buying ONLY what I think looks awesome and really means something to me. And MOSTLY from movie characters, which is my real passion. Long are the days that I used to buy everything just cause it looked good or cool(like many people do nowdays). Today, I rather have a collection of 50-70 awesome pieces from characters I REALLY love and can display well, than to have 300 pieces that are "cool" but I can't even proper display them, or keep them boxed. I never liked cluttered displays either.
Take a good look at everything you have and ask yourself what you _couldn't_ sell. The rule I use is simple: If I have to ask myself if I should sell a piece, it's cause that piece never really meant too much for me anyway, so I sell it.
If you are questioning selling these pieces and stop collecting them, maybe is time for them to go? Or do you think the problem is "only" space? Either way, you will have to make choices.
Good luck with your choices. That's something that only you can decide. We all faced or will have to face this at some point, so you are not alone.
Really great advice, IMO, and pretty much where I'm at now also. It's reassuring to read that eminent collectors like Cap go through the same difficult decisions as the rest of us.

I can only add that my own buying decisions are also being influenced by issues of QC right now. If I hear that a piece that I'm considering buying seems subject to repeated QC probs, (like the recent Western Ghost Rider exclusive from Sideshow), I just leave it alone, because life's too short for the hassle, basically.

Other than that, if you can contemplate selling it, you can live without it; it's actually a fairly reliable rule.
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:29 AM   #24
Vracula
Jedi Order

ive sold most of my action figures to fund my statue sickness since i visited this damn website,now im more happy the shipping just freakin bugs me though it just things so much tougher for me ,my LCS sells stuff so expensive has crappy busts that i dont look twice at.

like for example hes selling a bowen classic venom for 350 us$ man that is just freakin disgusting,when i get it comfortably shipped by ems with 250$

my purchases depend more than ever now on shipping prices and whther i really want it bad
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote