Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #41
krzykoopa
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Hi Bryan,

First of all thank you for taking time to answer here and of course thank you for taking care of this situation, it's a perfect solution!!!
And also I want to thank very much Sisko who kindly help with this situation by contacting you!!!

But I want to specify some things! ^^
Yes Black Widow was out 3 years ago...in Singapore, but as you know 3 years ago XM Europe didn't sell XM statue in Europe, it has came later. Black Widow, Wolverine, etc... were accessible for us 2 years ago maybe. So even if you had waited 6 or 12 month after the problem occurs, I was already out the warranty

I was persuaded that batch in Europe were not affected precisely because the statue was delivered 1 year after the rest of the world, I should have pay more attention to my statue...

Also it was not really a "private transaction" but more like "a middleman who didn't take money" who bought it for me at the official retailer in Italy (since in France it was already sold out). Unfortunately by this time it was Limited Toys, and they are not anymore official retailer...so I don't know how it would have worked with them for this replacement(?)

Finally I understand that making only one statue replacement is almost impossible and I'm glad you found one for me!!

If you come to France, I will show you that you can eat better food than an Hot meal!! lol
First of all the response you were looking for is thank you. Holy ---- man
krzykoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #42
aa909
The Green Hornet

Nice job by XM!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:20 PM   #43
grphyx1
Kingpin

OMG I Love you. This is just class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Hey Armored Berserk, one of the many helpful members on this forum contacted me and told me about your situation. Sorry if I didn't see this sooner. The Black Widow piece was released over 3 years ago and when we first learned about this issue with a small batch of defects, we posted to as many avenues as possible (namely website, facebook and this forum) that should leaning occur within 2-3 weeks of display, that's a defect piece and should be notified to us so we can take action. If there are no leans after 1 month, then that piece is good to go.

That said, from a business practicality perspective, there needs to be reasonable 'warranty' period for recalls or exchanges. In our case, we typically set it as 6 months from date of issues discovery. Having all the issues reported within a time frame means we can get a number of the replacements done effectively when the factory production line is still fresh. Doing a single piece not only costs incredibly expensive but many factories do not support that as it means stopping their production line just to make 1 special piece. Many businesses practice a warranty period - its unlikely to find company who would promise lifetime warranty for statues (or any product for that matter).

But this is not the issue here since we do fortunately have a replacement piece for you which we are happy to replace without cost though it's rather overdue. The real issue here is shipping costs based on where you reside and stay. Different distributors have different store policies, some require their customers to check goods before leaving the store with no exchanges, some requires customers to pay shipping for replacements etc - we can't really govern how they run their stores so we hope customers who buy from resellers or distributors understand the terms before transacting with them. If you have purchased directly from XM, it means you either reside in Singapore or from the other 4 SEA countries, and we could make arrangements with our distributors in those countries to send the replacement pieces to you free. But if a customer has made a private transaction (which I understand is your case), XM's responsibility is to ship the replacement to the original buyer who likely resides within our zones which we could have shipped for free or at least more cost effectively. IMO, XM shouldn't be held accountable for any increased shipping to private transactions buyers now residing in zones out of our normal shipping network or control - the original seller should probably be held accountable since he made profits out of the transaction but that's my personal opinion. In addition, being a relatively small Asia-based company also means we don't get massive discounts off international shipping so these costs are not as easy for us to absorb as many might think.

I'm making the above points not because I'm not going to help. I think it's important for me to clarify how we treat such cases in an open and transparent manner and I'm open to suggestions as well.

As a fellow collector and also friend of folks in this forum, I would like to do what I can to help so here's my plan. I'll hand carry your replacement to EU since I'm attending the Lucca Convention early November and I will make arrangements with the local courier to ship the replacement piece to you - it shouldn't cost that much in local shipping so let me pick up the tab. You can buy me a hot meal when we meet one day

Gentle reminder for collectors who are keeping products in their boxes for many years - don't. Please open up and check your products are fine. Polyresin is a fragile material so please do yourself a favor and check! The earlier you can bring up your case, the easier and more likely you'd get a smooth resolution.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #44
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzykoopa View Post
First of all the response you were looking for is thank you. Holy ---- man
...what??
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #45
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
...what??
I think he was saying you could've simply said 'thank you' and left it at that without the detailed follow up post. Sorta unnecessary given the resolution. Any way, congrats for getting this replaced at no cost
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #46
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
I'll hand carry your replacement to EU
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:27 PM   #47
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Wow now that's customer service! This is why I buy XM products and will continue to do so while I still can.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #48
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Hey Armored Berserk, one of the many helpful members on this forum contacted me and told me about your situation. Sorry if I didn't see this sooner. The Black Widow piece was released over 3 years ago and when we first learned about this issue with a small batch of defects, we posted to as many avenues as possible (namely website, facebook and this forum) that should leaning occur within 2-3 weeks of display, that's a defect piece and should be notified to us so we can take action. If there are no leans after 1 month, then that piece is good to go.

That said, from a business practicality perspective, there needs to be reasonable 'warranty' period for recalls or exchanges. In our case, we typically set it as 6 months from date of issues discovery. Having all the issues reported within a time frame means we can get a number of the replacements done effectively when the factory production line is still fresh. Doing a single piece not only costs incredibly expensive but many factories do not support that as it means stopping their production line just to make 1 special piece. Many businesses practice a warranty period - its unlikely to find company who would promise lifetime warranty for statues (or any product for that matter).

But this is not the issue here since we do fortunately have a replacement piece for you which we are happy to replace without cost though it's rather overdue. The real issue here is shipping costs based on where you reside and stay. Different distributors have different store policies, some require their customers to check goods before leaving the store with no exchanges, some requires customers to pay shipping for replacements etc - we can't really govern how they run their stores so we hope customers who buy from resellers or distributors understand the terms before transacting with them. If you have purchased directly from XM, it means you either reside in Singapore or from the other 4 SEA countries, and we could make arrangements with our distributors in those countries to send the replacement pieces to you free. But if a customer has made a private transaction (which I understand is your case), XM's responsibility is to ship the replacement to the original buyer who likely resides within our zones which we could have shipped for free or at least more cost effectively. IMO, XM shouldn't be held accountable for any increased shipping to private transactions buyers now residing in zones out of our normal shipping network or control - the original seller should probably be held accountable since he made profits out of the transaction but that's my personal opinion. In addition, being a relatively small Asia-based company also means we don't get massive discounts off international shipping so these costs are not as easy for us to absorb as many might think.

I'm making the above points not because I'm not going to help. I think it's important for me to clarify how we treat such cases in an open and transparent manner and I'm open to suggestions as well.

As a fellow collector and also friend of folks in this forum, I would like to do what I can to help so here's my plan. I'll hand carry your replacement to EU since I'm attending the Lucca Convention early November and I will make arrangements with the local courier to ship the replacement piece to you - it shouldn't cost that much in local shipping so let me pick up the tab. You can buy me a hot meal when we meet one day

Gentle reminder for collectors who are keeping products in their boxes for many years - don't. Please open up and check your products are fine. Polyresin is a fragile material so please do yourself a favor and check! The earlier you can bring up your case, the easier and more likely you'd get a smooth resolution.
Bryan there is a reason why I have always said you are one of if not the classiest guys I know in this hobby. Honestly m8 this made my jaw
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #49
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

You just couldn't ask for a better resolution from any company. My hat's off to Bryan for taking the extra effort to take care of a customer. You are a class act my friend. Let me also say that Sisko is a class act as well for coming to the aid of a fellow forum member in such a constructive way.

I have recently reignited my buying of XM pieces since their Samuari DC line is now world wide and this episode definitely reassures me that XM will do the right thing if problems arise with one of their pieces. That type of response is getting pretty rare in this business these days.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #50
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
You just couldn't ask for a better resolution from any company. My hat's off to Bryan for taking the extra effort to take care of a customer. You are a class act my friend. Let me also say that Sisko is a class act as well for coming to the aid of a fellow forum member in such a constructive way.

I have recently reignited my buying of XM pieces since their Samuari DC line is now world wide and this episode definitely reassures me that XM will do the right thing if problems arise with one of their pieces. That type of response is getting pretty rare in this business these days.
This pulls me over to this company even more than a certain other who released a recent lsb...

Seems you've got one company/representative trying to do right by its customers, and another company cutting corners.

Looks like my wallet has found its loyalty!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote