Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-20-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Lois Lane “Snuff Comic”?

I haven’t read this comic book but, if true, seriously? Tom king writes 12 pages of Lois Lane’s being tortured and murdered? In a Walmart distributed comic book targeted to young children? Have King and DC Comics collectively lost their minds?

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/20/...ersy-tom-king/
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:10 AM   #2
Gothamite
Phoenix

Although the individual writers/artists bear some responsibility, DC Editorial okays all of these decisions, too.

Seriously, Dan Didio should be fired.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:41 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Oh this is terrible... I'm all for adult content but why Superman ? when there is Batman. Superman's world should be all sun shine and hope, optimism, happiness and other crap... lol how i wish the character was Blue Bird instead of Lois... 'cause i also like Lois, but give Blue Bird to Joker to play already...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #4
Augen
The Hulk

I'm surprised they put this story in the Wal Mart comics of all places.

The idea doesn't bother me. I worry about loved ones in this way too, nothing is worse than thinking about losing them. The execution of Superman's fear of losing Lois is fertile ground to explore his character. He's seen so much darkness and horror and stays strong, but he know those attached would be helpless in some scenarios if he's not around.

Perhaps the one line is segregating graphic depictions for lines such as Black Label. It wouldn't stop the offense issue (see Batman Damned) but they'd at least show foresight.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:26 AM   #5
protector2814
Phoenix

DC seems to making some big F-ups of late. There has to be a reason.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:27 PM   #6
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
DC seems to making some big F-ups of late. There has to be a reason.

Didio tends to have a hand in some issues.

The worst thing is when they have something good everyone loves like young Johnathan Kent and then go "he went to space and is an adult now". So many missed opportunities due to that bizarre decision.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:56 PM   #7
protector2814
Phoenix

Didio's now been there long enough for me to think maybe it's not him. I'm referring to

1) The recent Batman nudity
2) This King' story showing up in a kid's comic at Walmart
3) The supposed use of Jesus as a character in some upcoming DC' book. (I've only heard rumor about this & am not sure if it's true)
(https://www.cbr.com/jesus-christ-dc-comics-superhero/)

It seems to me like decisions are being made to shake-things-up. I'm not condemning any of these ideas, although they're not for me & I won't be buying. I'm very pro free-speech as long as it's responsible . It all just seems to add up to shock for shock's sake.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:13 PM   #8
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Didio's now been there long enough for me to think maybe it's not him.

The longer someone is working at a place, the more likely it's that person's responsibility or fault that things happen the way they do.

I love DC, but Didio and Eddie Berganza are two of the worst things to ever happen at that company.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #9
protector2814
Phoenix

He's been chief editor since 2004 & the 3 examples I used all happened within the last one year. I have a theory that someone else, someone recently appointed to a position of influence may be quietly steering a part of the ship in some capacity.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #10
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
He's been chief editor since 2004 & the 3 examples I used all happened within the last one year. I have a theory that someone else, someone recently appointed to a position of influence may be quietly steering the ship in some capacity.
That's an interesting theory -- someone worse than Didio and Berganza making an even bigger mess?

Only recent big personnel change that comes to mind is Geoff Johns resigning and Jim Lee taking his place as Chief Creative Officer. That'd mean he's the one who's responsible for these bone-headed decisions, though I think even he was unaware of the Batman nudity in Damned. (I had no problems with the nudity. The awful storytelling is the real issue.)