Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #201
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
So I am torn a bit here. I don't know how the communication breakdown happened and I get they are in a tough spot and will not honor the original price at all.

They offered to meet me half way at $200, which is $50 more than price I set for myself. Have to think if it ever will come to $150 or if it will never get to $200.

Been wanting a Batgirl for a while and this is my favorite interpretation of her.

What do you think? Will she hold at $300 or will she drop to possibly to $150 in the next year or two?
I'd cancel for now and wait to see the prices offered by BBTS and DCBS. I think the MSRP will drop because of the smaller base.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #202
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
So I am torn a bit here. I don't know how the communication breakdown happened and I get they are in a tough spot and will not honor the original price at all.

They offered to meet me half way at $200, which is $50 more than price I set for myself. Have to think if it ever will come to $150 or if it will never get to $200.

Been wanting a Batgirl for a while and this is my favorite interpretation of her.

What do you think? Will she hold at $300 or will she drop to possibly to $150 in the next year or two?
Screw em. That's just wrong
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:54 PM   #203
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
just be reasonable and don't yell. Nobody responds well to yelling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Screw em.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:28 PM   #204
Sarn
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Earth
Thank you for your reply. We apologize for any inconvenience. The vendor can make the decision to alter the details of an item at any time. In this case, they notified us of the change in scale/size and price.

This was originally thought to be 9 inches, but will be 10.88 inches. I am able to offer you the employee price of 199.99.

Did you wish to keep the order or proceed with the cancellation?
That's a pricey 1.88 inches.
Sarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:42 PM   #205
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
That's a pricey 1.88 inches.
Yeah, and the fact that the base was shrunk what looks to be a good 40% or more makes it a bit hard to swallow the change justifying a tripling of the price.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:24 AM   #206
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Got the same offer of $200 as well. Not going to take it though.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:12 AM   #207
Sarn
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Got the same offer of $200 as well. Not going to take it though.
Leaning that way as well. If I had Wonder Woman, Cat Woman, or Harley it would be easier to justify the cost. By herself though she was already going to look out of place on my shelf with that motorcycle.

Still going to get Supergirl as I love the pose and the display of strength fits with her powers outside of the whole "garage/biker" theme.
Sarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:15 AM   #208
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Still going to get Supergirl as I love the pose and the display of strength fits with her powers outside of the whole "garage/biker" theme.
Yup, I agree, Supergirl is the best looking statue of that line, and it can easily blend into any collection of DC statues without needing another from the same line.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #209
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Leaning that way as well. If I had Wonder Woman, Cat Woman, or Harley it would be easier to justify the cost. By herself though she was already going to look out of place on my shelf with that motorcycle.

I have Wonder Woman and Harley with the sidecar. Was never interested in Catwoman though. Choppers are not the style of motorcycle I like. Batgirl is actually on a motorcycle more similar to mine than the others. I have not replied with no yet. Might see if I can talk them down a bit more. Meet in the middle at $175.

BBTS has her up for preorder now. $299

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produc...nDetails/69193
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #210
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I have Wonder Woman and Harley with the sidecar. Was never interested in Catwoman though. Choppers are not the style of motorcycle I like. Batgirl is actually on a motorcycle more similar to mine than the others. I have not replied with no yet. Might see if I can talk them down a bit more. Meet in the middle at $175.

BBTS has her up for preorder now. $299

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produc...nDetails/69193
I slept on it and ultimately decided to cancel begrudgingly on her. I'm guessing will likely never own her, but told myself a while ago had to know when to walk away on pieces.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote