Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2019, 09:43 PM   #91
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor
SculptorModerator
 
Josh-a-tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,895
Todd Phillips just came out today and said both the articles about the sequel and any other DC Films are speculation.

https://collider.com/joker-2-sequel-...todd-phillips/
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:47 PM   #92
Gothamite
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 12,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
So...the Question is the Answer?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:01 AM   #93
SuperJ300
Zot
 
SuperJ300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,620
I think we should have a Joker and a Harley Quinn movie.

A closer in depth relationship between them. And still leave Batman out of the film.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:29 AM   #94
ukshaun
Shazam
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,619
Joker is packed with memorable scenes. One scene in particular that stood out more than others, is the moment Joker is seen walking down a hallway and making his way down some steps, dancing to the music Rock & Poll Part 2

With his white face, stringy hair, skinny body, wearing a suit with white socks, i got Michael Jackson vibes. MJ wore trade-mark white socks, was very skinny, had stringy hair, was diagnosed with the skin disorder vitiligo (which resulted in white patches on the skin) sometimes making MJ look like a clown.



I had wondered if the Joker scene in question was designed to cause controversy?

The use of the song Rock & Poll Part 2 has caused some controversy in some quarters because of the artist behind it. There has been suggestion it could be removed for home release, even although Gary Glitter won't get royalties from Joker. Personally, i thought the song fitted the moment perfectly.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:01 PM   #95
Agent23
Nightwing
 
Agent23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,520
The dancing / stairs scene is my favorite scene in the movie.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #96
ukshaun
Shazam
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,619
Oscars 2020: Joker leads pack with 11 nominations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51090151

If i'm honest, i liked Joker and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood equally for different reasons. Joker is borderline depressing. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is outright entertainment.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:15 PM   #97
Augen
The InJustice League
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 6,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Oscars 2020: Joker leads pack with 11 nominations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51090151

If i'm honest, i liked Joker and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood equally for different reasons. Joker is borderline depressing. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is outright entertainment.
When this film was announced I don't know what would surprise me more, the money it made or the awards it is getting.

Hasn't been a commercial smash success and award darling like this in a while now.

I enjoyed OUaTiH too, I just warn people that it is atmospheric and a slow burn before the absolute bonkers last twenty minutes.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #98
ukshaun
Shazam
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
When this film was announced I don't know what would surprise me more, the money it made or the awards it is getting.

Hasn't been a commercial smash success and award darling like this in a while now.

I enjoyed OUaTiH too, I just warn people that it is atmospheric and a slow burn before the absolute bonkers last twenty minutes.
OUaTiH is what it is, a slice of time based loosely on a certain period with trademark Quentin Tarantino touches. Slightly self indulgent, but great all the same. I assumed it was based on fact, but it's a work of fiction with some elements influenced on a certain set of events. Was the Bruce Lee scene fact or fiction?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #99
Augen
The InJustice League
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 6,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
OUaTiH is what it is, a slice of time based loosely on a certain period with trademark Quentin Tarantino touches. Slightly self indulgent, but great all the same. I assumed it was based on fact, but it's a work of fiction with some elements influenced on a certain set of events. Was the Bruce Lee scene fact or fiction?
Fiction. This is reality through Tarantino lens, much like Django and Inglorious Basterds.

My favorite scene was the Manson compound. Tension was masterfully done.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:52 PM   #100
ukshaun
Shazam
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Fiction. This is reality through Tarantino lens, much like Django and Inglorious Basterds.

My favorite scene was the Manson compound. Tension was masterfully done.
Was the Manson compound fiction also?
I liked to think the Bruce Lee scene was fact based on witness accounts - i guess not
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com