Yzerman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:51 PM   #922
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingdutchman View Post
My statue's neck seam... :/

Sorry for the sideways images.
That kills me man, I am probably out on this line because of it. Wonder Woman is easily top 3 for me, maybe #1. Who cares if I get a perfect Mr. Terrific or some other nonsense, but a Wonder Woman hiding what is arguably the worst seam in a modern AAA piece??? And I do consider these high-quality, I think they compete with Sideshow very very easily, and at the price they're a no-brainer. Redoing the Superman was a classy move but IMO Wonder Woman should have been the redo. All for the stupid freaking bodice that most people either don't use, or don't have - so they get the neck seam without at least the dumb bodice to show for it! Live and learn I guess, it's just brutal that it had to be Wonder Woman of all people. Like I said, kills me. Breaks my heart but Wonder Woman is too important to me in my DC heart. I can even handle the paint issues on Supes more than that slit throat look. So beautful but so fatally flawed. I feel like Michael Corleone - "you broke my heart, Tweeterhead!" That said, I do wish Tweeterhead at all the best, really I do. These look really beautiful and maybe someday a decade down the road they'll revisit Wonder Woman and get her the statue she deserves!

The one thing I can think to do that would get me past it is to figure out a way to put a choker on her that covers the seam. But I think it's too high to make something like that. What do you all think? There's no way I could match the paint to paint in the seam. Choker is all I can think of.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:01 AM   #923
Gothamite
Phoenix

Omegaplex, WW was sculpted by Jack Mathews, who also sculpted the Designer Series Adam Hughes and Jenny Frison WW statues. Maybe you could substitute one of those if you're thinking about starting a collection of 1/6-scale DC statues.

I also think the neck seam is in an area that's too high for a choker.

Adam Hughes WW

Jenny Frison WW
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:04 AM   #924
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Omegaplex, WW was sculpted by Jack Mathews, who also sculpted the Designer Series Adam Hughes and Jenny Frison WW statues. Maybe you could substitute one of those if you're thinking about starting a collection of 1/6-scale DC statues.

I also think the neck seam is in an area that's too high for a choker.
Oh, I love Jack - he's the man for sure. Some of the absolute best Cover Girls - while nowhere near this league production-wise - are stunningly sculpted Jack Matthews designs. And this WW is beautiful, no doubt about it!

The Frison statue is the rebirth costume - I'm probably the only person who prefers the classic trunks. The Designer Hughes piece looks to be a rerelease of the old Cover Girls statue, is that right? I don't remember those being full 1/6. But I had not considered that, thank you, maybe I can find a 1/6 Wonder Woman that has the simple original costume, that can serve in place of this one!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:10 AM   #925
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Oh, I love Jack - he's the man for sure. Some of the absolute best Cover Girls - while nowhere near this league production-wise - are stunningly sculpted Jack Matthews designs. And this WW is beautiful, no doubt about it!

The Frison statue is the rebirth costume - I'm probably the only person who prefers the classic trunks. The Designer Hughes piece looks to be a rerelease of the old Cover Girls statue, is that right? I don't remember those being full 1/6.
Yes, it's an upsized version. It's available for less than $80 at most places, which makes it cheaper than getting the original, smaller version.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #926
built2shred
Phoenix

I agree it was a bad design choice with the seam but it really depends on how you have her displayed, if she's on a middle or lower shelf you'll never see the seam... but if you only have a high shelf to display her on then yeah it's an issue..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #927
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I agree it was a bad design choice with the seam but it really depends on how you have her displayed, if she's on a middle or lower shelf you'll never see the seam... but if you only have a high shelf to display her on then yeah it's an issue..
Ditto. Mines on the bottom shelf of a display cabinet next to Supergirl and the seam is t visible at all and doesn’t bother me.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:20 PM   #928
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Ditto. Mines on the bottom shelf of a display cabinet next to Supergirl and the seam is t visible at all and doesn’t bother me.
I just can't display something that low. I feel like I have to lay on the floor to view it.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:46 PM   #929
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

If you have a good seam, even high up you don't see it until you get up close.

I have her on the top shelf of a detolf and you can't see the seam, so I think the people complaining are stretching for reasons to hate the statue.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #930
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
If you have a good seam, even high up you don't see it until you get up close.

I have her on the top shelf of a detolf and you can't see the seam, so I think the people complaining are stretching for reasons to hate the statue.
Or could it be that most people simply don't have a good seam?

From memory, mine looks more like drivingdutchman's.
There is just enough space there to be able press the head down tighter with your finger and make the seam slightly tighter.

There is also some flesh paint misted a bit on her blue trunks. It was on the back a** cheek, which would never be visible for any display angle I would use so I figured what's the point of saying anything.

Mine was one of, if not the last, EX they had to go out, so it was either keep it and try to enjoy what I like about it, or kiss the statue goodbye entirely since I had no stomach to further roll the dice with seams on a less enticing regular.
I ended up keeping it because, as people can see from most of the photos posted previously, it's a gorgeous statue.
As long as you don't have to look at it from certain angles.

Just like the Tweeterhead Supergirl, now that I think about it.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote