Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 02-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #101
demonhunter
Kingpin

Thanks for the comments, Rickson. Yeah, Wolverine's other leg, I gotta work that in. ^^ True about what you said regarding Psylocke's sash. I might adjust that.

---------------------------------------

Something new below.

Commission piece. Batman Begins. Client wanted a portrait of Christian Bale Batman in Batman Begins in monochromatic color scheme & Japanese Chirashi style; hence the Japanese text. Chirashis are mini movie posters. Popular in Japan and as collectors items. This is largely done in traditional media of water color, inks, pencil. Text and logo made with Adobe Illustrator. Some minor adjustments through photoshop. He's the goddamn Batman! ^^
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #102
demonhunter
Kingpin

This is Jun. She is a Japanese girl. Quite ordinary, very pretty and cute. Loves hamburgers and peanut butter. On her 13th birthday, she discovered that the cats her late grandmother had been keeping in her house are ninja cats! They are her guardians and had been given the duty by her grandma to protect her at all cost including lethal means! They look like ordinary cats, but when they think the NEED arises, they transform into Ninja cats! Jun has gotten into awkward situations ever since, embarrassment and chaos follows her because her furry ninja friends perceive almost everything as a threat! Even the cute and nice guy in class whom Jun has a mad crush on; Hitoshi!!!---created by Jason Kuek. Ninja Neko Girl manga coming to you soon! ^^
Work in progress. Digital color to follow.

Media: Artblock, pencils, ink, and Photoshop digital ink
Old 03-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #103
demonhunter
Kingpin

Hulk painting. Entirely started from digital media. This time I painted straight into Photoshop using my Genius tablet. No drawing in pencil on paper and scanning in first to paint. Everything starts on the monitor.Brushes are from Siya Oum; a very talented & amazing artist. Will add body tomorrow and background later. I'm starting to enjoy this very much! ^^
Old 03-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #104
demonhunter
Kingpin

Scarlet Witch of The Avengers in progress. I will add the little cute Vision bot in it next. Been working all day to get a "Scarlet Witch" out. There are those days, when I tell myself to draw something, and it's hard to make the form, it's not what I want, until I keep pushing and in the end, get what I'm satisfied with to begin coloring.

Based on SideShowToys' Scarlet Witch comiquette which I have in my collection. ^^
Old 03-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #105
demonhunter
Kingpin

Naughty Black Cat in progress. Pencil and ink, then colored digitally in photoshop with a tablet. More to go. Backdrop, add Spidey, tidy up outlines. Then I'm done. Maybe I'll adjust the proportions too. Haha. ^^ I need a break. We'll be back soon to finish her up tonight! ^^ Dawggone nabbit, why do I work so hard!!!!??? ^^
Old 03-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #106
demonhunter
Kingpin

This is the second part of Black Cat painting. Worked all day on it. I gotta stop and pull away from the monitor, this is crazy. Haha. ^^ My shoulders are aching because my workflow/ workplace setup is just a lousy foldable table...the height isn't suitable. Anyways, I think I have improved in terms of speed. It used to take me 1 to 2 weeks to get this far, but now I can bang this(this far in progress) up in 2 days. Definitely an improvement in efficiency. I've got better understanding of the tools in photoshop and more advanced knowledge through the tutorial magazines from ImagineFX, and Digital Artist magazines. The buildings were built from scratch using shapes in Adobe Photoshop. More to go, I thought I could finish this thing by today but I can't. Good pin-up art can't be rushed. I need to take time to make sure all the tiny details are done correctly. I guess it's the artist's diseases...obsession with perfection...anyways, I gotta start revising for test next week. Time to put Black Cat aside....for now.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #107
demonhunter
Kingpin

Eat Your Veggies, Soldier! Captain America pin-up. Pencil and then inked with Illustrator and colored with Photoshop. This is more of an animated-look Captain America. The features and anatomy are more simplified. But I tend to add details even when I'm aiming for simplified. Hence the details of muscles on the arms. The background was made using shapes in Photsoshop and sprayed dirt using Siya Oum's brushes. ^^

Captain America is supposed to be with other Avengers. I already penciled Thor and Iron Man. Just need to do them up and add them with Cap. ^^
Old 03-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #108
demonhunter
Kingpin

Commission work in progress for a friend. Work in Progress. Cyclops of the X-Men VS Sentinels. He wanted Cyclops in his most classic outfit. I think it was X-Men #1 when the X-Men first debuted. The black/blue and yellow. Anyhow, I think I will dabble with Cyke's anatomy more. Not to my liking at the moment. A night's work.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:51 AM   #109
demonhunter
Kingpin

It was 1999, the Danger Girl comic book mini series from the Cliffhanger imprint by J Scott Campbell was hot. Incredibly hot and sexy spy women, a military organization called Hammer bent on world domination, a guy who looks like Sean Connery, the heroine's dad is a ninja, and more hot women....I loved the comic book. Natalia Kassle is a Danger Girl, but she was actually part of the terrorist group Hammer. I painted this in 1999 using poster color, water color, ink and pencils on artblock paper.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #110
demonhunter
Kingpin

Just finished Thor, Hulk in water color plus ink, and Captain America in pencils over the weekend. Enjoy. ^^