Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #21
Luminous
Cyclops

According to a gaming magazine article, Kevin Conroy will not be returning as Batman.

So much for not f#$cking it up.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
Luminous
Cyclops

And here it is on IGN:

Kevin Conroy Not Returning For Arkham Origins
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #23
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well, i do love Conroy as Batman. there is no doubt about that. but..and i quote from the article you just posted the link for..
"It's worth noting that this hasn't been confirmed by Conroy or Warner Bros. Games Montreal, the studio picking up the development torch from Rocksteady for the third entry in the Arkham series. Until we hear anything from one of them, it's possible that this is just a rumour, though it does make sense that the studio would go for someone younger to reflect the inexperience of Origins' Batman."
so there still maybe a chance for him doing it. but it dose make sense that someone else would be doing his voice for he is far younger than what he is in the previous two games. but lest just hope of they do get someone else is that its not that far off of what Conroy's voice is. if they get Bruce Greenwood to do it it wont be that bad, he did a great job in Batman under the red hood animated DVD.although i would prefer Conroy to do the voice.
i wouldn't go as far as saying they f*cked it up by not getting Conroy as the voice. its the game play, graphics and story that will determine how good this game is IMO. not a voice.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
MrYac
Hercules

unless we're playing as pre puberty batman then no the "being younger" excuse isn't going to fly
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #25
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I want to say I remember reading somewhere a while back that Conroy was retiring from voicing Batman. It was either when he did his last movie voicing him or when AC was released, can't remember.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #26
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Actually, ignore my post above, I'm thinking of Mark Hamill no longer voicing Joker.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #27
Vracula
Jedi Order

I know Kevin Conroy is sacred to a lot of batman fans but it doesn't bother me as much as Mark Hamill not doing Joker.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #28
MrYac
Hercules

well I hope to hell there's no Joker here at all, but as much as I LOVE Marc for the Joker there is just flat out no other voice for batman then Conroy.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #29
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

agreed Vracula. Hamill is killer for Joker. but like i said. i do prefer Conroy. but there has been others who have done Batman in the past. as have others for the Joker.

@MrYac- not sure if you have seen Batman under the red hood MrYac. but Bruce Greenwood (Batman) and John DiMaggio (Joker) did a hell of job in that film imo. i wouldn't mind if these two were the ones doing it. i prefer Conroy by far. but im willing to just have an open mind if Conroy isn't doing it. but i do agree with you. the younger Batman would have to be very adolescent to be completely different.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #30
MrYac
Hercules

sure there's people who can do a decent Batman, but Conroy is Batman, no ifs ands or buts about it. for me it's easier to accept another Joker (since like I said i'd prefer him not even being in the damn game) I mean we hear him speak sometimes but we hear Bruce for the entire game, so that's the more important voice to get right