Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-17-2014, 01:36 AM   #621
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Any thoughts on Guilty Gear Xrd anyone?

I read that it's a steep learning curve to get good.

Don't know much about it but it looks ver stylish.
im getting it for sure so maybe we can play a few once its release but yes im sure the learning curve might be steep but i think its not as hard to get into as the older guilty gear games and it definitely looks flashy ... love the art style
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #622
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmonkey View Post
im getting it for sure so maybe we can play a few once its release but yes im sure the learning curve might be steep but i think its not as hard to get into as the older guilty gear games and it definitely looks flashy ... love the art style
What system do you have?

This is just PS3 and PS4 right?

I would have to get a PS4.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #623
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

i have x360 and xone but im getting a ps4 for this game for sure looks too good to pass up
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #624
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

My personal (wordy) thought process for starting any fighter.

When I played Tekken 3 and then for 3rd Strike, which now I do in 4...admittedly, I do not play 4 as much as I did the other 2 in back then.

First and foremost, the obvious, practice makes perfect and it takes a lot of practice.

Step 1.
Fine the character that appeals to you the most.
You are going to spending a lot of time with them.

Start in practice mode, run through the moves and buttons. Get used to them, their overall timing. By that I mean simply knowing/understanding the pros and cons of how long a move takes to start-up, how long it is "active" and how long it takes to recover, so you can do the next move.

Step 2.
Check out the advanced moves. i.e. Fireballs and uppercuts, super, etc... Get used to inputting them, make sure you can execute said move when you want. Note how they are/maybe/can be similar. Shotos for example, if you cant do a quarter circle...you cant to much. Practicing the simple will make the "complex" easier.

Now we know what we can do and how to it.
Practice until confident.

Step 3.
Some time I try to practice through the usual arcade version of the game. If you feel for some reason it is too hard and you cant do anything...cant practice if you cant do anything...make the difficulty easier. Increase the difficulty every time you beat it. Goal is to be able to do what we want, when we want; with predicable results.
Basically, practice until confident vs the ai.
And the reason I mention arcade mode, because games like Injustices story mode change the game rules and stuff. Arcade is usually the basic, default, tourney, what everyone-plays-rule.
I am not saying you have to beat it and go all the way up to the highest ai now,but over time. Just be in this mode/rules until you feeling the next step.
At the same time, if you beat it and want to keep going...beat it again and again.

Step 4.
Back to practice mode.
Figure out how moves combo, link, etc.
Part of the success to these are knowing and understanding the timing stuff mentioned in Step 2.
Again, practice these combos. Be able to pull of the ones you want, when you want.

Step 5.
Back to arcade mode...go again. Just start with the difficulty you left off on and keep going up when you beat it.

Playing VS the AI will also help with remembering other character's animations.

Step 6.
Expand.
Play other characters in the same manner. Find other characters. This will only aid in being able to recognize your enemies movements. Thus being able to counter them.

Back with Tekken 3, I could nearly block any combo. It felt like the game was in slow motion back then. ha.

Play Random.

Again Tekken 3, I could say I was able to play Mokujin like I picked the character like 85% of the time.
I enjoyed playing Random in 3rd.
I hated how 4 didnt have Random in the start.

Step 7. Or when ever you want.
Play others people.

Dont worry about losing. Learn from a lose.

I got dirted for an hour every morning in 3rd Stike, by the dude whom owned the machine when I first interned at the place I work, for like a year. Over time after that...few years...only a hand only a handful posed a challenge. Online, lag aside, I certainly did way better than have yet to do in 4...again do not really play it much. I need to find peeps locally.

At least I have gone from losing on the first few rounds when I first got 4 -to - I can beat it with a few characters on the highest setting. ---- Seth's teleport into grab.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #625
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
My personal (wordy) thought process for starting any fighter.

When I played Tekken 3 and then for 3rd Strike, which now I do in 4...admittedly, I do not play 4 as much as I did the other 2 in back then.

First and foremost, the obvious, practice makes perfect and it takes a lot of practice.

Step 1.
Fine the character that appeals to you the most.
You are going to spending a lot of time with them.

Start in practice mode, run through the moves and buttons. Get used to them, their overall timing. By that I mean simply knowing/understanding the pros and cons of how long a move takes to start-up, how long it is "active" and how long it takes to recover, so you can do the next move.

Step 2.
Check out the advanced moves. i.e. Fireballs and uppercuts, super, etc... Get used to inputting them, make sure you can execute said move when you want. Note how they are/maybe/can be similar. Shotos for example, if you cant do a quarter circle...you cant to much. Practicing the simple will make the "complex" easier.

Now we know what we can do and how to it.
Practice until confident.

Step 3.
Some time I try to practice through the usual arcade version of the game. If you feel for some reason it is too hard and you cant do anything...cant practice if you cant do anything...make the difficulty easier. Increase the difficulty every time you beat it. Goal is to be able to do what we want, when we want; with predicable results.
Basically, practice until confident vs the ai.
And the reason I mention arcade mode, because games like Injustices story mode change the game rules and stuff. Arcade is usually the basic, default, tourney, what everyone-plays-rule.
I am not saying you have to beat it and go all the way up to the highest ai now,but over time. Just be in this mode/rules until you feeling the next step.
At the same time, if you beat it and want to keep going...beat it again and again.

Step 4.
Back to practice mode.
Figure out how moves combo, link, etc.
Part of the success to these are knowing and understanding the timing stuff mentioned in Step 2.
Again, practice these combos. Be able to pull of the ones you want, when you want.

Step 5.
Back to arcade mode...go again. Just start with the difficulty you left off on and keep going up when you beat it.

Playing VS the AI will also help with remembering other character's animations.

Step 6.
Expand.
Play other characters in the same manner. Find other characters. This will only aid in being able to recognize your enemies movements. Thus being able to counter them.

Back with Tekken 3, I could nearly block any combo. It felt like the game was in slow motion back then. ha.

Play Random.

Again Tekken 3, I could say I was able to play Mokujin like I picked the character like 85% of the time.
I enjoyed playing Random in 3rd.
I hated how 4 didnt have Random in the start.

Step 7. Or when ever you want.
Play others people.

Dont worry about losing. Learn from a lose.

I got dirted for an hour every morning in 3rd Stike, by the dude whom owned the machine when I first interned at the place I work, for like a year. Over time after that...few years...only a hand only a handful posed a challenge. Online, lag aside, I certainly did way better than have yet to do in 4...again do not really play it much. I need to find peeps locally.

At least I have gone from losing on the first few rounds when I first got 4 -to - I can beat it with a few characters on the highest setting. ---- Seth's teleport into grab.
Thanks for taking the time to write this out.

I think I may try some new characters out "know thy enemy" style. It must really help.

I read that Bonchan was playing as Rose after Evo. Poor old Bonchan, keeps coming 2nd!
Old 10-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #626
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

With practice makes perfect and practice takes time.

Think of any of the big name player. Bon, Wong, The Beast, etc, etc... and so on...or what is it...the 7 gods? ha
Think how looonngg they have been playing. None of these guys started a few weeks ago.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #627
BornFreeSF

Anyone watch the grudge match.

Hilarious. I love it. The FGC is finally understanding how to market themselves - WWF style!

http://shoryuken.com/2014/10/23/brok...-night-fights/
Old 10-27-2014, 12:09 AM   #628
BornFreeSF

Daigo's through to the Capcom Cup Finals. I got tix for San Fran. Anyone going?
Old 11-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #629
BornFreeSF

This just makes me feel like an inferior human being. 1 frame delayed links to make them meaty???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-vsJ5GGuzM#t=51
Old 11-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #630
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Daigo's through to the Capcom Cup Finals. I got tix for San Fran. Anyone going?

is the event over?

did Daigo win?
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote