Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #241
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Well done on the new site Jerry - looks good and more importantly gets you to the product detail quickly.

Visually I think you have such rich imagery that a full width header and hero image, at least on the homepage, would give more impact and is a shame that this hasn't been hit as a target for the design.

From an end user point of view, and because of the nature of your product range and how infrequently it increases, I also would have gone with a meganav similar to Amazon for the nav, separating everything into obvious sections under one roof.

This would resolve the redundant duplication of the few products you have on the site for the interim, as every nav link pretty much leads to the same landing page of items. So you could really minimise the redundant links, tweak the layout of the elements and reduce the height of the header area to pull the content further up the page with ease here.

And the email sign up is too prominent in the header as it stands, taking the same weight on the page as the search feature.

The homepage could have a carousel of new products rather than 3 rows of them, allowing you to add much needed reassurance elements on the homepage, like how to buy, payment security or even featured articles/reviews of your products.

Finally, why I understand the simple layout approach of not including the product title, as most of your customers will know exactly what they are looking for from the image alone, having the name and its format, i.e. bust, premium format etc, makes it even more obvious to the consumer to help them narrow down their browsing time on the site, especially as your catalogue expands.

The product detail page is really good, though the price/exclusive tag and title are all competing for space at the moment, when you have a lot of space underneath with the tags/edition size/pre-order status etc so think that could be refined. But the way they've put together so much content on one page is great, because its necessary detail so they've given it a good structure, i.e. title/price/status > payment type and add to cart > description > specs and finally backstory is the perfect order.

The basket and checkout however seem pulled straight from a template in style and layout, so these could definitely do with some work and at least on the checkout process, some reassurance/payment methods etc info would be useful.

All in all though a marked improvement for sure!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #242
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Well done on the new site Jerry - looks good and more importantly gets you to the product detail quickly.

Visually I think you have such rich imagery that a full width header and hero image, at least on the homepage, would give more impact and is a shame that this hasn't been hit as a target for the design.

From an end user point of view, and because of the nature of your product range and how infrequently it increases, I also would have gone with a meganav similar to Amazon for the nav, separating everything into obvious sections under one roof.

This would resolve the redundant duplication of the few products you have on the site for the interim, as every nav link pretty much leads to the same landing page of items. So you could really minimise the redundant links, tweak the layout of the elements and reduce the height of the header area to pull the content further up the page with ease here.

And the email sign up is too prominent in the header as it stands, taking the same weight on the page as the search feature.

The homepage could have a carousel of new products rather than 3 rows of them, allowing you to add much needed reassurance elements on the homepage, like how to buy, payment security or even featured articles/reviews of your products.

Finally, why I understand the simple layout approach of not including the product title, as most of your customers will know exactly what they are looking for from the image alone, having the name and its format, i.e. bust, premium format etc, makes it even more obvious to the consumer to help them narrow down their browsing time on the site, especially as your catalogue expands.

The product detail page is really good, though the price/exclusive tag and title are all competing for space at the moment, when you have a lot of space underneath with the tags/edition size/pre-order status etc so think that could be refined. But the way they've put together so much content on one page is great, because its necessary detail so they've given it a good structure, i.e. title/price/status > payment type and add to cart > description > specs and finally backstory is the perfect order.

The basket and checkout however seem pulled straight from a template in style and layout, so these could definitely do with some work and at least on the checkout process, some reassurance/payment methods etc info would be useful.

All in all though a marked improvement for sure!
Its amazing how many people on here are "designers"
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #243
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
www.titan-designs.co.uk - Leo Rogers, Creative Director at your service Adam :-)
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #244
dao2
Cyclops

rekt ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #245
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Quote:
www.titan-designs.co.uk - Leo Rogers, Creative Director at your service Adam :-)

biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #246
halfamazing
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Quote:

halfamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #247
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
You read his whole post and concluded he WASN'T a professional?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #248
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

thanks for everyones notes. I am passing them along to our web developer.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #249
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet?

A 360 degrees view of the statue like Sideshow do or still do? Haven't gone on their website or brought from them in ages!
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:35 AM   #250
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
A 360 degrees view of the statue like Sideshow do or still do? Haven't gone on their website or brought from them in ages!
Coincidentally, they haven't done that in ages.

It was a really nice and useful feature, though, if time-consuming, I guess.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote