Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-27-2015, 12:01 AM   #321
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
So what kind of ES do you all think is reasonable ?

The line is super popular right now. Ryu regular sales are over 1000 pieces. Gouken regular is around 700 pieces.

I was thinking 250 for the Oro ex
I think 250 for EX is fine. For Oro, I don't care about the color, as much as I do about the display options personally. Any word on what the difference between EX and reg is other than color?

...I'm hoping there isn't any so I don't lose sleep over a missed head lol
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:42 PM   #322
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
A "version" of it doesn't make it better, especially when it's almost the same thing. Sure the P2 is different but the difference between the EX and the Reg is not that much, hell in some pieces the EX parts aren't the best ones.

Then you also have problems with big ES pieces, can the QC stay up to standard, will it be produced as quick, enough replacements?

You may say yeah we'll just make more replacements, and it might even be quicker because then we'll get priority at the factories, and we could keep up with the QC. But SS has said those very same things, they're pieces are extremely delayed nowadays, their QC is non existent and they might as well make no replacements.

They used to be very well liked by the majority too. v0v maybe it won't be that way, but photoshopping stuff on preorders and open ES? Seems like a slippery slope to me.
We have always photoshopped certain things on the prototypes and never been shy about admitting it.

Some things the factories do much cleaner than my artists here can do. Particularly embroidery and certain costuming things.

Sometimes I will look at the final product images and see that I dont like how a finger is placed so we photoshop it then modify the tool before it goes to China.

It happens very often and I dont see anything to be ashamed of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMario616 View Post
Do like Raiden, 100 EX 250-350 reg
Raiden was actually 250 ex and 100 Player 2 - we havent set the regular ES yet.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:25 PM   #323
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
We have always photoshopped certain things on the prototypes and never been shy about admitting it.

Some things the factories do much cleaner than my artists here can do. Particularly embroidery and certain costuming things.

Sometimes I will look at the final product images and see that I dont like how a finger is placed so we photoshop it then modify the tool before it goes to China.

It happens very often and I dont see anything to be ashamed of.
It wouldn't be if it was advertised as such, but the only time I've heard of the photoshopping was after PO. And it's not that I'm unhappy with your stuff. I look forward to the PCS stuff nowadays and it overall you've gotten a lot better as a company. But I'm afraid of PCS turning into SS :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:34 PM   #324
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
It wouldn't be if it was advertised as such, but the only time I've heard of the photoshopping was after PO. And it's not that I'm unhappy with your stuff. I look forward to the PCS stuff nowadays and it overall you've gotten a lot better as a company. But I'm afraid of PCS turning into SS :<
Unless we had licenses like marvel and star wars we could never get big enough to come close to Sideshow.

We are a very tiny company.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #325
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The photo shopping is fine by me. Mainly because PCS hasn't let me down yet from the PO to the final piece.

I know through the production process PCS is constantly improving the product and it means we get some really cool EXs like Crazy Buffalo Balrog and Pilgrim Gouken.

Without the opportunity to photoshop these I doubt they'd be in existence.

That's my take anyway.

If the EXs turn out to be sub par then of course we have an issue. But I haven't witnessed it yet.

In one case I actually think the photoshop is bad and I hope the production process will improve it (Ryu's growling head).
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #326
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
In one case I actually think the photoshop is bad and I hope the production process will improve it (Ryu's growling head).
Thats not photoshopped ! Truth ! lol

We did resculpt it though
Old 01-27-2015, 03:59 PM   #327
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

Awesome news!!! You da man Jerry!
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:03 PM   #328
MrYac
Hercules

i'd love if Oro could get an awesome alt head similar to that amazing Ryu one.... just sayin
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #329
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:

THANK YOU LORD JERRY!

Damn dude, you listen! This Ryu is all kinds of WIN!

Thanks!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:44 PM   #330
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
The photo shopping is fine by me. Mainly because PCS hasn't let me down yet from the PO to the final piece.

I know through the production process PCS is constantly improving the product and it means we get some really cool EXs like Crazy Buffalo Balrog and Pilgrim Gouken.

Without the opportunity to photoshop these I doubt they'd be in existence.

That's my take anyway.

If the EXs turn out to be sub par then of course we have an issue. But I haven't witnessed it yet.

If photoshopping the promo pics gives them something to strive to achieve (or surpass) at the factory level, than I'm all for it!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote