Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: In what condition did your Scorpion Statue arrive ?
My Scorpion Statue was fine 18 24.66%
My Scorpion Statue had flaws/breakage but I did not report to Sideshow 10 13.70%
My Scorpion Statue had flaws/breakage and I reported to Sideshow 32 43.84%
I have not checked my Scorpion Statue yet 13 17.81%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #21
marco40alien
Hydra

My Scorpion Statue was fine and its awesome piece
marco40alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #22
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Broken in 5 separate places, reported to SS and requested a full refund.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #23
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Jerry thanks for making such a great Scorpion my friend. i cant wait to add more MK statues to my collection!
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #24
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Interesting... Can't wait to hear whether it's a lot or not.

Daniel at Sideshow told me there were no more spare bodies. Which to me implied maybe a lot had been returned and exchanged...
But then they have 10 EX Scorpians up for sale.
Sideshow is a strange place.

On the other hand I think a ton of people do not come to this website, plus probably do not post if everything is OK. So it could all be hot air!

Either way, I just hope I can get mine replaced so it's mint. I LOVE the statue. The pose is so dynamic and bold.

Jerry, I think you said at some point that you would never, as some of the other companies do, design statues that are creatively limited by fears of shipping damage. I would prefer you kept that mentality and just improved the shipping methods and materials.

The Scorpian statue is case in point. In my opinion it's much more ambitious than the Syco statues (just my opinion peeps before you jump down my throat!). I'd much rather have a statue like this than the Syco standing version (pretty boring if you ask me).
So please maintain your approach to the statues and just improve your shipping standards.

I think with each statue you guys are learning more in regards to shipping and I'm confident you'll get it right.
I'm pretty sure if the knee pads on Scorpian had been removable there would not be half the amount of broken statues. Hindsight is 20:20 I guess!

Keep up the great work :-)

Cheers
Mark
Im not going to jump down your throat Born...and I do agree that at least with the first releases of each companies MK products, PCS Scorpion is more ambitious (at least with the 18" Syco Sub-Zero).

What I will state is that it really doesn't matter how dynamic a statue is if it comes jacked up, or have a great chance of coming jacked up.

Let it be known that Syco stated their future statues will be more dynamic on their facebook page, beginning with their Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion statue.

All that really doesn't matter though, because for every you, there is a me, and scores more fans of Syco. Better yet, there are just scores more fans of MK products and don't get all hooked up on mines is better than yours contests. I like dynamic statues like PCS, but I also appreciate the statues Syco does from the renders.

Anyways, can't wait to see what PCS has in store next for MK.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #25
7omous

Loric why cant you just leave this thread to the people that bought a scorpion, and are reporting it's condition. These people are giving proper feedback to Jerry which I'm sure he will take into consideration for future releases. Use the other thread to debate syco vs pcs or whatever else you feel like debating.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #26
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7omous View Post
Loric why cant you just leave this thread to the people that bought a scorpion, and are reporting it's condition. These people are giving proper feedback to Jerry which I'm sure he will take into consideration for future releases. Use the other thread to debate syco vs pcs or whatever else you feel like debating.
Im not debating anything with that post. Stop trying to make it a debate. I stated a comment about it doesn't matter if the PCS statue is more dynamic if it comes broken or messed up. Funny how Born makes a comment about Syco vs. PCS but I'm the one that gets crapped on right?

I thought I said I wasn't jumping down Born's throat. I hold to that. I am not debating his opinion thats fine.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:01 AM   #27
loricstone
Kang

Oh and by the way, when I went down to CornerStore and bought my Lara Croft Tomb Raider PF I inquired about MK Scorpion because even with all the problems that has been mentioned, i was still interested in getting the regular.

Unfortunately, to my chagrin, I was prepared to buy it if it was in fine condition (even though I didn't feel right about asking to check it knowing the styrofoam situation). Upon opening (terrible styrofoam and all) not only was the knee protrusions broken (2 on the right side of the left leg), but it had some small paint chips on the torso (how the hell that happened I have no idea). So even though i did not wind up purchasing it, the one I was going to buy if it wasnt messed up, was messed up. There was no need in me checking another.

So I picked the 2nd option in the poll since my situation didn't quite apply.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #28
Bruticus
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

The point is lori that you are in most remarks I have seen here you push how great you think Syco is and I think that is what ppl are getting tired of it, this is PCS forum,

On subject at hand: My scorpion was fine, not a flaw on him. Bought the reguler one.

Now onto Subby Jerry..you hear..Subby.
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #29
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
The point is lori that you are in most remarks I have seen here you push how great you think Syco is and I think that is what ppl are getting tired of it, this is PCS forum,

On subject at hand: My scorpion was fine, not a flaw on him. Bought the reguler one.

Now onto Subby Jerry..you hear..Subby.
Perhaps. However, I feel that people totally disregard all the positive comments I do give PCS. If anyone has been on this forum as long as I have, they will know that since day one, I have given nothing but praise to Jerry and PCS and the awesome sculpts they do.

When he first posted on SF, and the Akuma was first shown, I raved about it. I was one of the first people that asked about an MK license and that it would be awesome if PCS did it.

Since I am such an avid MK fan, it should be obvious that this license holds such importance to me, and that I am happy to get it from multiple companies. I hate the smashing on other companies of MK products.

Hopefully, most of the people that poll here will have received unbroken statues. This statue really is phenomenal when it is in excellent condition.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #30
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post

That's all well and good but if you look at the top of the thread the first person to post (after Jerry) brought up Syco (for no apparent reason) in a thread that is only asking about the condition of people's Scorpion statue. So maybe you should remind him that this is the PCS forum, too?
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote