Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR?
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #122
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I’m in the minority. Don’t care for the SS Rogue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I'm probably in an even smaller minority. I absolutely love both. Different styles executed perfectly IMO and I am a huge Rogue lover.....very picky.
I didn't buy the SS Rogue. I think the pose is great and it's a fabulous sculpt. However, I had no desire to look at Angelina Jolie in my statue collection. I am not a fan when statues look like actors/actresses unless that is their intent with a movie/TV show statue. Piece was beautiful, just not for me.

I'm interested to see what XM comes up with, but I know that their lady portraits are still very hit/miss.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:03 PM   #123
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I didn't buy the SS Rogue. I think the pose is great and it's a fabulous sculpt. However, I had no desire to look at Angelina Jolie in my statue collection. I am not a fan when statues look like actors/actresses unless that is their intent with a movie/TV show statue. Piece was beautiful, just not for me.
Totally agree.

Also glad we got a nice glimpse of XM version in January. Much better than a shadow.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=81
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:05 PM   #124
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I agree its better than a shadow image and then nothing for another 4+ months.

I still really have a problem with that hair though. Why is there such a defined seam between her white and brown hair? There is no blending of the sections together. Her white hair doesn't behave differently than her brown hair and here it clearly looks like a chunk of white. Also, it's too much white hair in general. She doesn't have a skunk streak of white hair anymore like her first, older appearances. The white is bangs or a little more just in front, it doesn't go the back of her head.

Its the sh!t like this that bothers me. These little things that could put the statue over the top if it was cared about to address them.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:16 PM   #125
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Maybe they're trying to ensure she doesn't look like a mannequin like so many of their other female pieces.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:45 PM   #126
Master Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I agree its better than a shadow image and then nothing for another 4+ months.

I still really have a problem with that hair though. Why is there such a defined seam between her white and brown hair? There is no blending of the sections together. Her white hair doesn't behave differently than her brown hair and here it clearly looks like a chunk of white. Also, it's too much white hair in general. She doesn't have a skunk streak of white hair anymore like her first, older appearances. The white is bangs or a little more just in front, it doesn't go the back of her head.

Its the sh!t like this that bothers me. These little things that could put the statue over the top if it was cared about to address them.
I don't think anyone said anything about her streak in the XM group but now that you point it out the streak does look like it goes back too far. Might not be that bad when it goes up for preorder. They were still in the process of painting her when the pics were posted.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:01 PM   #127
Master Pizza

On the other hand, they might leave it as is because that's how her hair looked in the animated series, and a lot of people(NOT ME) see that show as the X-Men bible.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:13 PM   #128
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Maybe they're trying to ensure she doesn't look like a mannequin like so many of their other female pieces.
Lol. I can agree. Portraits are a bit lifeless at times. Sideshow has had a few pretty good ones lately. Jean Grey and X-23 come to mind. I actually like their new Scarlet Witch as well. They are pretty good at giving off a sense of emotion.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:29 PM   #129
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
On the other hand, they might leave it as is because that's how her hair looked in the animated series, and a lot of people(NOT ME) see that show as the X-Men bible.
I realized after reading Uncanny X-Men comics from the 80s that I love Rogue mainly because of the Animated series. Because comic Rogue up until the early 90s had some great moments but was often a mess, a chore to read and not nearly as fun as the cartoon version, mainly because of the dual Carol Danvers personality.

Also, it was the voice. When I read comics now Rogue still has that voice in my head. But pretty much all of the X-Men do. Even Mr. Sinister who’s a wildly different character now.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:06 PM   #130
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR?
Maybe they are aware of the response posted here, and possibly elsewhere. From what has been shown so far, they have not exactly smashed it out the ball park, and it fails to compare to the amazing piece from Sideshow. It's one plus point is the sculpted jacket.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote